The Fox Point Village Board voted Monday night to grant local nonprofit Footbridge Friends $30,000 so the group can attempt to raise $625,000 for the controversial replacement of the Ravine Lane Bridge.
That money will go to In Progress Consulting, which will lead the fundraising effort, and its subcontractor Clear Verve Marketing.
Though the total cost of all the contracting work, as laid out by In Progress, could total more than $45,000, the Village Board opted to give enough for the first four months of fundraising - $30,000 - and potentially approve the rest at a later date.
Trustees Eric Fonstad and F.R. Dengel were adamant that any funds given to Footbridge Friends be reimbursed to the village, and a amendment to the resolution was made that Footbridge Friends be obligated to make that repayment.
The resolution passed, 4-1, with Trustee William Warner dissenting, saying that he would rather bring the footbridge issue to referendum.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research