The Fox Point Village Board voted Monday night to grant local nonprofit Footbridge Friends $30,000 so the group can attempt to raise $625,000 for the controversial replacement of the Ravine Lane Bridge.
That money will go to In Progress Consulting, which will lead the fundraising effort, and its subcontractor Clear Verve Marketing.
Though the total cost of all the contracting work, as laid out by In Progress, could total more than $45,000, the Village Board opted to give enough for the first four months of fundraising - $30,000 - and potentially approve the rest at a later date.
Trustees Eric Fonstad and F.R. Dengel were adamant that any funds given to Footbridge Friends be reimbursed to the village, and a amendment to the resolution was made that Footbridge Friends be obligated to make that repayment.
The resolution passed, 4-1, with Trustee William Warner dissenting, saying that he would rather bring the footbridge issue to referendum.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015