Fox Point - Taxpayers can expect no increase in the tax levy from the Fox Point-Bayside School District in the upcoming year if projections hold true.
Director of Business services Amy Kohl presented a preliminary budget to the district's Finance and Facilities Committee last week, which included an estimated $117,000 budget deficit and approximately $107,000 in revenue losses in the upcoming 2012-2013 year.
Kohl said the district will be able to fund approximately $450,000 in capital projects with money from an energy conservation revenue limit exemption, though a list of projects that will qualify for the exemption hasn't been compiled yet.
The exemption should allow the district to continue with its capital improvements without raising taxes from 2011-212 levels.
"We have the opportunity to bring in a flat levy for the taxpayers," Kohl told the committee.
Kohl's projections showed other savings in the form of increased employee contributions to the Wisconsin Retirement System and proposed modifications to the district's post employment benefit program. The 2012-13 school year is the first in which teachers are under the provisions of Act 10. The teachers union contract expired at the end of last month.
The proposed budget and levy will come before the School Board for continued consideration on Monday at its next meeting.
- Michael Meidenbauer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Only four of five candidates campaigning in Fox Point primary
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015