Glendale - The common council approved an ordinance Monday night which creates a mandatory license for any escort services in the city.
The ordinance closely resembles an ordinance passed in Brown Deer last week due to the fact that attorney John Fuchs serves as Village Attorney to Brown Deer and City Attorney to Glendale.
Prostitution would violate the terms of the escort license and result in a fine, and someone who claimed to be an escort without a license would be fined. In either case, officials aim to give police a way to punish prostitutes on the spot when they claim to only be escorts.
"It becomes an additional tool for the police department to control prostitution," said City Administrator Richard Maslowski, "especially in the hotels here in the city."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Mary Nohl house will stay in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015