Glendale - The common council approved an ordinance Monday night which creates a mandatory license for any escort services in the city.
The ordinance closely resembles an ordinance passed in Brown Deer last week due to the fact that attorney John Fuchs serves as Village Attorney to Brown Deer and City Attorney to Glendale.
Prostitution would violate the terms of the escort license and result in a fine, and someone who claimed to be an escort without a license would be fined. In either case, officials aim to give police a way to punish prostitutes on the spot when they claim to only be escorts.
"It becomes an additional tool for the police department to control prostitution," said City Administrator Richard Maslowski, "especially in the hotels here in the city."
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research