Glendale - The common council approved an ordinance Monday night which creates a mandatory license for any escort services in the city.
The ordinance closely resembles an ordinance passed in Brown Deer last week due to the fact that attorney John Fuchs serves as Village Attorney to Brown Deer and City Attorney to Glendale.
Prostitution would violate the terms of the escort license and result in a fine, and someone who claimed to be an escort without a license would be fined. In either case, officials aim to give police a way to punish prostitutes on the spot when they claim to only be escorts.
"It becomes an additional tool for the police department to control prostitution," said City Administrator Richard Maslowski, "especially in the hotels here in the city."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015