An electrical malfunction in a basement office at a Glendale home in the 5700 block of N.. Milwaukee River Parkway was the likely cause of a fire reported to dispatchers at 8:58 a.m. today.
First arriving crews found moderate smoke coming from the front door of the residence and found a working fire in the basement of the home. Crews made an aggressive interior fire attack and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Two occupants and three dogs were safely evacuated from the home without injury.
Damage, estimated at $15,000, was confined primarily to the basement of the home. There were no injuries to any fire personnel operating at the scene.
Fire crews reported hearing smoke detectors sounding on the first floor of the home when they made entry. However, no working smoke detectors were found in the basement of the home. For this reason, residents were not afforded the early detection possible had the basement detectors been operational.
The North Shore Fire Department would like to remind everyone of the importance of having working smoke detectors that are tested at least monthly on every level of a residence.
A total of 18 personnel from two engines, one truck company, two paramedic units, one basic life support unit and several command staff responded to the fire
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015