Shorewood - Firefighters and police were dispatched to 3602 N Murray Avenue around 8:44 p.m. last night, quelling an attic fire which caused an estimated $300,000 in damage, according to a media release.
Fire investigators have concluded that the likely cause of the fire was a lightning strike from the severe storm system in the area at the time of the call. First responders found smoke coming from the roof and eaves of the duplex and upgraded the call to bring in additional companies, which fought the fire from two ladder trucks.
Fire, smoke, and water damage to the attic and third floor of the duplex is reportedly extensive.
Two firefighters were taken to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries, and have since been released. No civilian injuries were reported.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research