Shorewood - Firefighters and police were dispatched to 3602 N Murray Avenue around 8:44 p.m. last night, quelling an attic fire which caused an estimated $300,000 in damage, according to a media release.
Fire investigators have concluded that the likely cause of the fire was a lightning strike from the severe storm system in the area at the time of the call. First responders found smoke coming from the roof and eaves of the duplex and upgraded the call to bring in additional companies, which fought the fire from two ladder trucks.
Fire, smoke, and water damage to the attic and third floor of the duplex is reportedly extensive.
Two firefighters were taken to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries, and have since been released. No civilian injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Mary Nohl house will stay in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015