Shorewood - The 50-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested Monday for allegedly calling in a bomb threat has been charged with one count of a Class I felony bomb scare.
According to Shorewood police, Thomas Yela was taken into custody Monday without incident after Village Hall, 1700 and 1600 E. River Park Court had been evacuated and cleared.
Under Wisconsin Statutes, a Class I felony can carry a maximum penalty of up to $10,000, 3½ years imprisonment, or both.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 19
- Updated: Two applicants in the running for Fox Point-Bayside School Board seat
- Police Report: June 17
- Mequon's assistant city administrator selected to manage Fox Point
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Police Report: June 10
- News & Notes: June 5
- Community says fond goodbye to Monroe
- Nicolet plans energy projects over two years