Nicolet School Board candidate Melody Halstrom has withdrawn from the three-person race this spring. While her name will likely appear on the ballot April 3, Halstrom's announcement essentially means the Nicolet race will be uncontested.
Incumbent Marilyn Franklin and newcomer Libby Gutterman also are seeking the two seats up for election. Incumbent Jennifer Peltz is not seeking re-election.
Halstrom, of River Hills, said she likely will run for Nicolet School Board in the future. After speaking with Gutterman, Halstrom said her opinions mirrored her would-be rival and felt there would be a duplication. Halstrom said she also respected Franklin, who has been on the Nicolet board for 24 years.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research