Nicolet School Board candidate Melody Halstrom has withdrawn from the three-person race this spring. While her name will likely appear on the ballot April 3, Halstrom's announcement essentially means the Nicolet race will be uncontested.
Incumbent Marilyn Franklin and newcomer Libby Gutterman also are seeking the two seats up for election. Incumbent Jennifer Peltz is not seeking re-election.
Halstrom, of River Hills, said she likely will run for Nicolet School Board in the future. After speaking with Gutterman, Halstrom said her opinions mirrored her would-be rival and felt there would be a duplication. Halstrom said she also respected Franklin, who has been on the Nicolet board for 24 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015