Nicolet School Board candidate Melody Halstrom has withdrawn from the three-person race this spring. While her name will likely appear on the ballot April 3, Halstrom's announcement essentially means the Nicolet race will be uncontested.
Incumbent Marilyn Franklin and newcomer Libby Gutterman also are seeking the two seats up for election. Incumbent Jennifer Peltz is not seeking re-election.
Halstrom, of River Hills, said she likely will run for Nicolet School Board in the future. After speaking with Gutterman, Halstrom said her opinions mirrored her would-be rival and felt there would be a duplication. Halstrom said she also respected Franklin, who has been on the Nicolet board for 24 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Woman reports man tried to scam her by fishing for personal information
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore