Shorewood - Police and firefighters responded to a basement fire at 4502 N Wildwood Avenue in Shorewood around 5 a.m., reporting approximately $5,000 in damage and no injuries, according to a North Shore Fire Department media release.
Shorewood police arrived at the property to find fire and heavy smoke in the basement. Once firefighters arrived and confirmed that everyone had been evacuated, the fire was quickly contained and extinguished.
The apparent cause of the fire was the inadvertent mixing of chemicals which had been stored under the basement stairs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point steps closer to footbridge's removal
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board finalizes three of 10 potential layoffs
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors