1A pair of designer sunglasses valued at $2,150 was taken from Innovative Optique, 333 W. Brown Deer Road, about 12:20 p.m. Sept. 4. A male about 21 years old entered the store with a pair of designer glasses that he wanted repaired. He then asked to see another pair in a locked display. He tried on those glasses, used his phone, took a picture of himself and then ran from the store. He was caught on surveillance video inside the store and from cameras outside various stores as he ran east and north.
2An unlocked car was entered but nothing taken in the 8900 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard overnight Sept. 11 or 12. Residents are urged not to leave valuables in their cars and to lock those cars.
3A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, driving while suspended and hit and run after hitting a parked car in the 4200 block of West Cherrywood Lane at 4:30 a.m. Sept. 2. A witness saw the hit and run and heard a woman in the car yelling "Let me out." After the car was stopped, the woman denied calling for help. The man, who failed field sobriety tests but admitted drinking a double shot of tequila, had a blood alcohol content of 0.06.
4Military equipment valued at $1,125 including a Kevlar and load bearing vest, a compass and 30 unloaded magazines were taken from a vehicle in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 3 and 4 a.m. Sept. 4. All doors and the trunk were found open with the battery placed in the trunk so the alarm did not sound.
No reportable incidents this week.
5Two 17-year-old girls and an 18-year-old man, all of Milwaukee, were arrested for receiving stolen property and the man also for failure to stop, reckless driving, no insurance and driving with a suspended license after witnesses reported them taking items and fleeing Kohl's, 5650 North Bayshore Drive, at 5:25 p.m. Sept. 5. Items valued at more than $150 were found in the car, some hidden under the backseat.
6Two 16-year-old girls, residences not released, were arrested for theft of clothing valued at $221 at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 6.
7A 40-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man both of Madison were arrested for possession of cocaine and operating a vehicle without owner's consent after a report of them sleeping in that car behind the Radisson Hotel, 7065 N. Port Washington Road, at 6:30 a.m. Sept. 8. The couple, who said they were waiting to check in, were found with 1.8 grams of cocaine and pills not identified. A crack pipe with residue was found in the man's pants pocket but he denied knowing it was there saying he had just purchased the pants from Goodwill. The car had been reported stolen out of Madison.
8A 50-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for theft of three pair of sunglasses valued at $495 from Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 2:20 p.m. Sept. 8. The woman fled the store but was stopped as she drove away. Other items, all with store tags, were found in the car.
9Three 16-year-old girls, residences not listed, were arrested for theft and one also for trespassing after they took jeans and other items valued at $298 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 4:15 p.m. Sept. 8.
10A man reported being the victim of a strong-armed robbery as he sat at a picnic table in the 200 block of West Silver Spring Road at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 9. A male about 17 threatened the man with a baseball bat and took the victim's backpack and a laptop valued at $1,100 and then ran east into Whitefish Bay.
· Thefts and entries to more than a dozen cars were reported in Glendale on Sept. 6 to 9: a stereo, amplifier and a kicker box valued at $475 were taken from the 6200 block of N. Baker Road; a gym bag and cell phone value not available from the 5100 block of North Port Washington Road; electronic chargers and a backpack valued at $165 from the 1000 block of West Glen River Road; electronics including an amplifier and a Bluetooth valued at $370 from the 800 block of West Eula Court; a GPS and headphones valued at $350 from the 800 block of West Rock Place: $150 cash from the 900 block of West Glendale Avenue; a $400 GPS from the 1000 block of West River Park Lane and a Tumi suitcase and contents valued at over $700 from the 5100 block of North Port Washington Road.
11A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of heroin, with a prior conviction, after a report of a couple snorting drugs inside iPic Theatre, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 11:15 p.m. Sept. 9. A witness saw a woman using a cellphone to light up the drug as the male snorted it. The heroin weighing 0.2 grams was found in the woman's purse but the man said he put it there and she was not arrested.
12A 29-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for theft of items, mostly children's clothing, valued at $456 and a parole violation at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 10. The man, on parole for second degree homicide, said he knew it was wrong to take the items but they were for a friend's handicapped child.
13A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and open intoxicants after he was seen going over 50 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 1600 block of West Brown Deer Road and stopped as he drove south on Interstate 43 at 4:25 a.m. Sept. 14. The man failed field sobriety tests and when asked said he had three beers. He also had an open can of beer in the car. His BAC was 0.06.
14A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after losing control of her car, driving over a median and hitting a van causing it to hit another vehicle at Capitol Drive and Morris Boulevard at 4:15 p.m. Sept. 6. Her BAC was 0.23.
15A window was smashed to gain entry to a car but nothing taken in the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue on Sept. 6 or 7.
16A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped because his passenger honked the horn and was seen blocking the driver's view in the 3900 block of North Lake Drive at 1:35 a.m. Sept. 7. His BAC was 0.14.
17A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for resisting/obstruction after she called police to report she was being followed by a stalker in the 1700 block of Capitol Drive at 3 a.m. Sept. 7. When police arrived to help her, she began yelling and screaming and refused to cooperate.
18A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and unsafe lane deviation after hitting a parked car in the 3700 block of North Lake Drive at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 7.
19A bicycle valued at $400 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 4500 block of North Woodburn Street on Sept. 7 or 8.
20Locks on two company vans were pried open but nothing reported taken behind a business in the 1700 block of East Capitol Drive sometime Sept. 7 to Sept. 9.
21A laptop computer and a bicycle valued at $400 were taken from a home in the 4400 block of North Lake Drive the evening of Sept. 9. Entry was gained through an unlocked side door.
22An armed-robbery was reported in the 3500 block of North Maryland Avenue at 9:38 p.m. Sept. 9. The male robber threatened a woman with a hand gun taking her purse and running away. Some of the stolen credit cards were used around 10 p.m.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after punching a woman, the mother of his child, in the back about 8:15 a.m. Sept. 10.
23A purse and contents valued at $50 was taken from a car parked on the street in the 4100 block of North Lake Drive between 5:30 and 6:15 p.m. Sept. 10. A window was broken to gain entry causing more than $200 damage. The purse had been placed on the back floor.
24A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a headset valued at $70 from Verizon Cell Vision, 4144 N. Oakland Ave., at 2:35 p.m. Sept. 10. He and another male entered the store, one asking questions while the other took the item. They fled but were stopped inside a nearby store.
25A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana, running a red light and violation of his instructional permit in the 4300 block of North Lake Drive at 9 p.m. Sept. 10. A trace amount of the drug was found in his car.
26A cable box, laptop computer and a video game controller valued at $2,150 were taken from the 3800 block of North Morris Boulevard during the day Sept. 11. A screen was removed to gain entry through a front window.
27A DVD player, therapeutic toys and a shoulder bag, value not listed, were taken from a car in the 4500 block of North Frederick Avenue between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 10.
· A resident reported that someone used her personal information to file her 2012 federal income tax Sept. 10. She had received an extension to file and then when she did it was rejected because, she was told, someone had already submitted her tax return using her personal information.
28A juvenile and a male both of Milwaukee, ages not released, were arrested for loitering/prowling after a witness saw them entering cars and walking on private property in the 6100 block of North Shoreland Avenue at 2:40 a.m. Sept. 12. The juvenile was also cited for violation of curfew.
29A purse was taken from an unsecured car in the 5200 block of North Lake Drive and recovered in another unlocked car in the 1100 block of East Sylvan Avenue pm Sept. 12 or 13. Nothing was missing.
· More than 15 cars were entered, almost all unlocked, and small amounts of change taken or just rummaged through, one Sept. 9 to 11, the rest Sept. 12 or 13 in the following blocks: 1600 block of East Blackthorne Avenue, 900 East Circle Drive, 1400 East Henry Clay Street, 4900 and 5000 North Hollywood Avenue, 4700 North Newhall Street , 4700, 4800, 5200 North Lake Drive and 1000 and 1100 East Sylvan Avenue.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 124 calls, 92 emergency medical and 32 fire/rescue, Sept. 9 to Sept. 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015