· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana and open intoxicants in the 600 block of West Brown Deer Road at 12:10 a.m. June 28. There was an odor of marijuana in the car and the man smelled of alcohol. An open bottle of vodka was found in the car and the man had two bags holding 2.1 grams of marijuana in his pocket.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for possession of 2.2 grams of marijuana and a warrant after a report of a couple arguing in the 8200 block of North 46th Street at noon June 16. According to the woman, the argument was just verbal and "over stupid things" such as the man's family had "dissed her."
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of 2.6 grams of marijuana and trespassing after a witness saw someone with a flashlight inside a vacant building in the 4500 block of West Schroeder Drive at 9:45 p.m. June 16. The man said he often rides his bike to the building and goes inside sometimes to smoke. There was no sign of forced entry.
· A witness reported seeing two males attempt to unlock the cables holding basketball hoops in the 4300 block of West Bradley Road at 10 a.m. June 18. They left before police arrived and no damage was reported.
· An unknown amount of scrap material was taken from Argon Industries at the rear of the 8900 block of North 55th Street on June 17 or 18. Tire marks were found on the lawn of another business leading to a chain link fence which was cut to gain entry. A similar incident was reported in Glendale.
· A digital camera valued at $100 was taken when left unattended on a bicycle outside Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, sometime June 9 and reported June 18.
· A smarthphone valued at $800 was taken when left unattended on a table at the Old Country Buffet, 6538 W. Brown Deer Road, between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. June 11 and reported June 19.
· A woman reported that a person she knew had taken her car valued at $3,000 from McDonald's, 9120 N. Green Bay Road, at 10 a.m. June 20.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she hit her husband and damaged his laptop at 8 p.m. June 20.
· A Brown Deer male, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed/domestic violence related after he threatened family members with a knife at 4:50 p.m. June 22. A relative signed the 72-hour no contact order.
· A 16-year-old Brown Deer girl was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed and resisting arrest after she slapped a soon to be relative and then threatened him with a knife in the 8000 block of North 51st Street at 10:50 p.m. June 23. The girl, who was very combative and seemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, was taken to a hospital.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana when the car he was in was stopped exiting private property in the 8200 block of North Port Washington Road at 9:35 p.m. June 21. There was an odor of marijuana in the car but both he and the driver denied having the drug. When told a canine officer would be called to the scene, the passenger reached into his shoe and pulled out a bag holding 0.4 grams of marijuana. A pipe with residue was also found in the car.
· A Fox Point woman, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, driving while suspended and open intoxicants in the 8700 block of North Port Washington Road at 11 a.m. June 22. Another driver called police and reported he saw the woman who had blood-shot eyes and was drinking from a wine bottle while she drove. The woman, who had a BAC of 0.16, was taken into protective custody.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft, obstruction, driving with a suspended license and violation of child safety restraints and another man, age and residence not released, for party to the crime of theft/aiding and abetting from Best Buy, 8755 N. Port Washington Road, at 6:15 p.m. June 22. The first man was in the store and entered a bathroom with two laptops and exited with one hidden inside his shirt and the other left behind in a wastebasket. He drove off but was stopped a few blocks away and the laptop valued at $800 was found in the car along with two pedometers valued at $160 also taken from the store. A child younger than 4 years old was sitting unsecured in the back seat.
· Playground equipment was damaged at a daycare facility in the 2300 block of West Good Hope Road on June 16 or 17. The equipment appeared burned causing $2,000 damage. Empty beer cans and cigarettes were also found at the site.
· A $2,000 diamond and white gold ring was taken from Zales, 5720 N. Bayshore Drive, about 5:15 p.m. June 19. The fake ring was found a few hours later during daily inventory. Surveillance video was looked at and revealed a woman, about 25, switching the real diamond ring with a fake one and then leaving the store.
· A 20-year-old woman, of Glendale or Milwaukee, was arrested on a state charge of resisting arrest, failure to have insurance and speeding 50 mph in a 30 mph zone in the 2500 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 1:05 a.m. June 20. The woman was pulled over and when told to turn off her engine, sped away. The woman, who was arrested at her residence, told police she drove away because she was scared.
· Scrap metal and a snow plow pump valued at about $200 were taken from Schulpus Truck, 6171 N. Flint Road, between 3 and 7:30 a.m. June 22. A bolt cutter was used to cut a chain fence between this business and another to gain entry. A similar incident was reported in Brown Deer.
· A wallet and contents including credit cards and $150 cash and another $20 were taken from the Lifeguard Office at Elite Fitness, 2001 W. Good Hope Road, between 12:30 and 12:50 p.m. June 23. A credit card was used before the theft was discovered. There was sign of forced entry.
· A wallet and contents including credit cards and $6 was taken from a counter at Fed Ex, 5353 N. Port Washington Road, about 1 p.m. June 23. A customer had put the wallet down and turned away for just a few seconds. When he turned back the wallet was gone. He canceled the credit cards before any were used.
· A 63-year-old woman, residence not available, was arrested for drunken driving, failure to yield and refusal to take a breath test after a 911 call reported a woman, who had been drinking and might be intoxicated, was driving away from Elite Fitness, 2001 W. Good Hope Road, at 6:10 p.m. June 23. The woman, who was stopped in River Hills, admitted drinking but refused to take field sobriety tests saying she needed a lawyer.
· A 61-year-old Glendale woman was mailed a citation for malicious false alarm at her apartment building in the 7300 block of North Port Washington Road at 7:41 p.m. June 23. The woman told firefighters and police she pulled the alarm because she was locked out of her apartment. When told that wasn't what the fire alarm was for and she would be cited, she said she wasn't worried because what else was she supposed to do.
· A 38-year-old Glendale man was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related during a "family dispute" where he attacked a woman and smashed a flat screen TV at 12:45 p.m. June 24. The man left with a relative but was found in the area.
· A 40-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct on a city bus in the 6900 block of North Port Washington Road at 3 p.m. June 24. The driver had called security to report a man riding the bus for hours and refusing to get off. The man, who was intoxicated, pushed and grabbed the security guard while shouting profanities and racial slurs.
· Two girls, ages and residences not released, were arrested, one for theft and possession of anti-theft devices and one for party to the crime of theft at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 4:20 p.m. June 24. The girl had taken items valued at more than $140 using scissors and pliers to take off sensor tags. She told police she took the items because she was bored and had nothing else to do. She also said she wouldn't come to court.
· Tools valued at $4,000 were taken from a work van in the 700 block of West Glendale Avenue between 8 and 9 a.m. June 27. A rear door had more than $200 damage.
· A female, age and residence not released, was arrested for escort without a license at LaQuinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 8 p.m. June 25. An officer set up a "date" with the woman who had advertised her services on a known site used by prostitutes.
No reportable incidents this week.
· Eleven bottles of liquor valued at $190 including brandy and tequila were taken from Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., about 9:45 p.m. June 17 and reported June 21. The theft was caught on surveillance video showing two males entering the closed liquor department and taking the liquor.
· A bicycle valued at $120 was taken from the underground garage in the 4300 block of North Oakland Avenue sometime June 21 to 23.
· A cellphone and shoes valued at $170 were taken when left unattended on the beach at Atwater Beach, 4000 N. Lake Drive, between 7 and 7:30 p.m. June 23.
· A black marker was used to write a derogatory word referring to women on a car parked on the street in the 1900 block of East Elmdale court June 22 or 23. Damage was about $50.
· Some type of brick was used to break a window in the 4400 block of North Ardmore Avenue between 9:30 and 10 p.m. June 24. The amount of damage was not available.
· A man saying he was reporter for the Sentinel waved down a resident saying he needed money to get his car fixed and a ride to Northshore Bank, 3970 N. Oakland Avenue, at 11:20 a.m. June 24. He then asked the resident for $220. No money was reported given to the man.
· A 2005 Dodge Magnum valued at $3,000 with Montana plates was taken from the rear of the 2200 block of East Capitol Drive sometime 11 p.m. June 25 to 9:30 a.m. June 26. The keys might have been left in the car.
· A lawn mower and gas can, value not listed, were taken from an open garage and an electric lawn edger was left behind in the 4800 block of North Larkin Street about 11 a.m. June 24. A witness saw a man about 25 take the items and drive off in a four-door sedan.
· Two lawn mowers and a 26-inch mountain bike valued at $280 were taken from a garage in the 5300 block of North Lydell Avenue on June 24 or 25. Entry was gained through an unlocked service door.
· A resident reported his 2013 Honda was damaged by a hit-and-run driver while parked in front of the 1600 block of East Hampton Avenue the afternoon of June 25. The amount of damage to the bumper and rear panel was not listed.
· A car radio remote, a thumb drive and a small amount of change valued at about $30 were taken from an unsecured car in the 4900 block of North Berkeley Boulevard on June 25 or 26.
· Tan latex paint was thrown onto a car parked in a driveway in the 6200 block of North Berkeley Boulevard on June 25 or 26. There was no information on the amount of damage.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, possibly with a prior conviction, no proof of insurance and driving without required lights in the 4700 block of North Larkin Street at 12:30 a.m. June 27. The man, who had a BAC of 0.20, had a possible drunken driving arrest in Texas which is being checked.
· A resident reported his car, make and model not available, was stolen from the 4900 block of North Larkin Street before noon June 29.
· A female was cited for underage drinking, and another male and female were warned for underage drinking, ages and residences not released, at Big Bay Park, 5000 North Palisades Road, at 11:20 p.m. June 29.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Reports not available this week.
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 12, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 31, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 24, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 17, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 10, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 3, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 25, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 18, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016