1Jewelry valued at about $130 described as "inexpensive" was taken from the 700 block of West Laramie Lane about 10:30 p.m. July 14. The residents, a man and wife, both heard a noise at that time and both thought it was the other person until items were found scattered about and the theft was discovered.
2A resident reported a possible entry in progress in the 1400 block of East Bay Point Road about 10:45 a.m. July 20. The resident reported seeing "a tall slender active looking man" walking up basement stairs. When he saw her he fled. No one was found in the home.
3A car was broken into and items taken while the owners were on the beach at Doctors Park, 1870 E. Fox Lane, between 2:45 and 4 p.m. July 20. A purse valued at $300 hidden under the front seat was taken. Inside was about $300 cash, $100 of makeup and various credit cards. At least one card was used for purchases of $511 at Walgreens in Fox Point and $152 at a Pick 'n Save in Glendale. Damage was $300.
4A man, age and residence not released, was arrested July 8 for theft of jewelry valued at more than $2,000 from the 8500 block of North 57th Street over the past year. The man, who knew the victim, was traced after he pawned the jewelry at a local jewelry store. When arrested, he said he bought the jewelry and then pawned it.
· A resident reported being the victim of a scam after answering an ad to become an "undercover agent to check customer service" — a secret shopper — at area stores July 2. He received a check for $1,000 and was told to buy a money card at Walmart shop and then "secret shop" Western Union by sending the money and forwarding the activation number. He did that. He was asked to repeat the procedure but this time his debit card was declined. He lost the $1,000.
5A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct after spitting in the face of the manager at Family Dollar, 6554 W. Brown Deer Road, at 12:45 p.m. July 6. The woman became angry when told there was no public restroom at the store and admitted spitting at the manager but not on him.
6A $500 tablet was taken from HH Gregg, 9140 N. Green Bay Road, about 3:10 p.m. July 10. A male, about 35, 6'2" tall, 275 pounds, went to the display area, took the phone and left.
· A resident reported someone used her debit card information to steal $200 sometime before July 11. The woman said case workers were in and out of her home during that time. The case is under investigation.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for strangulation/suffocation and battery both domestic violence related after attacking his girlfriend at 11:15 p.m. July 13. The victim said the man choked her and threw her to the ground after they sent text messages to each other regarding their relationship. She was able to run away and called police from another apartment. A temporary felony warrant was issued for the man who had fled but was canceled when he appeared at the police department. He denied all the allegations and was later charged for battery/domestic violence related.
7At least 80 packs of cigarettes valued at about $900 were taken from Shell Station, 4685 W. Bradley Road, about 12:10 a.m. July 14. The front door glass was broken to gain entry and video showed the suspect driving off in a blue '95 Olds Sierra station wagon.
· A felony warrant was issued for a man, age and residence not released, for strangulation and battery both domestic violence related after he came to the home of his wife, attacked her by choking her and hitting her at 5:45 p.m. July 14. The man drove off in her car and the warrant was issued.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after he threatened his wife over one of them leaving their car running with the air-conditioner on at 8:30 p.m. July 14. The man denied the allegations saying the two were just arguing because they were "stressed out" over some remodeling.
8A female, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct and battery after slapping a cab driver and using obscene and derogatory language at the driver and police in the 6800 block of North Barnett Lane at 12:17 a.m. July 4.
9At least six puncture holes were found on a rear bumper of a new car in the 200 block of West Bradley Road at 3 p.m. July 13. Damage was $800.
10A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and receiving stolen property after he was found passed out in his car holding a syringe in the 8700 block of North Port Washington Road about 3 p.m. July 13. The man admitted injecting himself with suboxone but said he had "not used heroin today." Police recovered stolen items in the man's vehicle including a US Army-issued body armor taken from a car in Glendale and other items taken from cars in Whitefish Bay. They also found a hammer used to break car windows but the man denied knowing it was there saying he never used it.
11A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for obstruction and outstanding warrants at the Fox Point Municipal Pool, 7300 N. Santa Monica Blvd., at 4:15 p.m. July 15. The woman was found with various prescribed medication which were hers but when questioned she gave police the name of a relative.
12A resident reported the theft of a diamond heart pendant and a gold bangle bracelet valued at more than $15,000 from the 1500 block of East Goodrich Lane over the last few months and reported July 19. The resident said there were numerous workers in the home because of a remodeling project.
· A 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for battery/domestic violence related, damage to property and a warrant after punching his ex-girlfriend in the face four or five times and breaking the back window of her car at 1:15 a.m. July 11.
13A gym bag holding a George Forman grill, a razor and clothing valued at $150 was taken from a car parked at Baymont Inn, 5106 N. Port Washington Road, before 1 p.m. July 11.
14A 19-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for escort without a license, for obstruction/resisting and discharging bodily fluids at the Hilton Hotel, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, at 10 p.m. July 11. The woman had advertized her services on a known prostitution website and police set up a "date" with her at the hotel. When arrested, she struggled with police and spit on an officer.
15A 42-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and being an escort without a license after she advertised on a known prostitution website and police set up a "date" with her at the Hilton Hotel, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, at 11:40 p.m. July 11. The woman had a glass crack pipe with residue.
16A 24-year-old woman, from the Appleton area, was arrested for theft of items valued at $281 and a warrant at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6:35 p.m. July 12.
17A 17-year-old girl, residence not released, was arrested for possession of 1.3 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a report of a suspicious car parked at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, at 8:45 p.m. July 12. Passengers in the car, two girls 15 and 17 and a 16-year-old boy, residences not released, were turned over to their parents. Alcohol was also found in the car and two of the passengers admitted drinking.
18An 18-year-old man, from a North Shore suburb, was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after he was stopped for erratic driving at Edward Lane and Rockledge Avenue at 2 p.m. July 13. The man had 8 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe with residue.
19Three men, 39, 43 and 53, residences not released, were arrested for armed robbery and theft after taking baby formula valued at $255 from Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 8:22 p.m. July 14. The men fought with store security and one threatened them with a box cutter and then they drove off in a van. They "bailed out" of the van in the 1900 block of West Custer Avenue but all were caught and arrested.
20A lawnmower, weed trimmer and a hedge trimmer valued at $400 were taken from a garage in the 5600 block of North Milwaukee River Parkway sometime July 12 to 15. There was no sign of forced entry.
21A 49-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft of clothing and perfume valued at $206 from Boston Store, 5701 N. Lydell Ave., at 4:40 p.m. July 15. The woman entered the store carrying a large white garbage bag. She then put items in that bag and store bags and left without paying. When arrested, she admitted the theft saying she "slipped up." The woman has 24 prior theft arrests.
22Two men, one a 51-year-old, age of the other and residences not released, were arrested for theft of sunglasses at Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, one at 3:30 pm. July 16 and one at 4:30 p.m. July 18. Both removed glasses valued at more than $250 from a display and left the store but were stopped.
23A 51-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and unreasonable and imprudent speed in the 2000 block of West Brown Deer Road at 10:30 p.m. July 20. The man failed field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.10.
24Five fraudulent prescriptions for tramadol described as a drug that "relieves moderate to moderately extreme pain" were reported at Thompson's Serv-u Pharmacy, 1421 E. Capitol Drive, from Jan 27 to May 28 and reported July 12.
25About $200 was taken from a safe in two separate incidents at Vision Works, 4000 N. Oakland Ave., on July 16 and 17 and reported July 18.
26A car was entered but nothing reported taken in the 2400 block of East Menlo Boulevard before 4:15 p.m. July 17.
27A necklace and two pairs of earrings valued at more than $5,000 were taken from the 4000 block of North Lake Drive the afternoon of July 11 and reported July 15.
28A secured bicycle valued at $700 was taken from a laundry room in the 4000 block of North Morris Boulevard sometime July 8 to the evening of July 14.
29A road bicycle valued at more than $1,500 was taken from a locked storage unit in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue sometime July 9 to 8:45 a.m. July 15. A lock was broken off to gain entry.
30A wallet and contents including $80 and a jar of coins were taken from the kitchen of a home in the 300 block of East Hampton Road between 1:45 and 3:45 p.m. July 15. Entry was gained through an unlocked side door while the resident was sleeping.
31Four males and one female, ages and residences not released, were warned for trespassing after a report of them with a kayak on a private beach in the 5600 block of North Shore Drive at 7:30 p.m. July 15.
32A fraud was reported by the owner of Connections Ticket Services, 115 W. Silver Spring Drive, on July 16. He had purchased two tickets to the Paul McCartney concert priced at $1,000 each for $700 total June 11. He then sold the tickets to a client who went to the concert July 16. However, that client was not allowed into the concert since those tickets were stolen and could not be used. A police report states that a woman, age and residence not released, was arrested and a man is a suspect in the original theft. The woman was identified because when she sold the tickets, the company made a copy of her driver's license.
33A woman reported a 14-carat class ring and a St. Christopher medal with a total value of $650 were taken from her tote bag between her home, address not available, and Sendik's, 500 E. Silver Spring Drive and Wisconsin Athletic Club, 7601 N. Port Washington, Glendale, sometime 4 to 7:30 p.m. July 9 and reported July 18.
34Five cars were entered and items taken in the 4600 and 4700 blocks of Cramer and the 4700 block of Larkin streets July 15, 16 or 17. Taken were two $150 GPS units, about $23 in cash and a digital media player and its speaker valued at $500. The cars were reported unlocked.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Reports not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015