No reportable incidents.
1A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for fraud from her former employer US Bank, 4200 W. Brown Deer Road, at 12:15 p.m. July 8. The woman reset the pin number on a customer's debit card and then withdrew more than $3,300. She said she found the card at the bank and admitted taking the money because she was "experiencing financial problems."
2A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving under the influence, with a prior conviction, and driving without a valid license after a witness saw him knocking over several mailboxes in the 5300 block of North Wahner Avenue about 4:15 a.m. July 11. When asked if he knew what he hit, he said he hit his wife's car, the car he was driving. The man admitted taking prescription medicine knowing he should not be driving. He was taken for a blood draw.
3A witness heard the sound of glass breaking and a window was found broken at Dean Elementary, 8355 N. 55th St., about 7 p.m. July 12. Damage was $500.
· A bank employee notified police that a resident was possibly a victim of a scam on July 16. The woman told police she sent $300 to a Philadelphia address after being told she won a BMW and this was to pay the fees. She also said she was told to have $7,000 cash available when the car was delivered. The woman received other calls, one telling her she won a Jamaican lottery and would need $5,000 cash for that. When police were at her home, she again received calls asking for money on both her cellphone and land line.
4A resident reported that a person known to her took four checks and cashed them for $3,000 from the 5300 block of West Silverleaf Lane at 8 p.m. July 16. That person is under investigation.
5A pair of headphones with a charging dock, value not available, was taken from the 3900 block of West Calumet Road before noon July 17. The resident said she last used the headphones in June and since then workers had been in her home.
6An projector valued at $1,818 was taken from a class room at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, on July 16 or 17 and reported July 19.
· Cars were entered and items taken in the village over various dates from July 22 to July 27 as follows: a laptop computer, a hard drive with case and a backpack valued at $2,100 were taken from the 8100 block of North Seneca Road on July 22 or 23; a GPS valued at $125 was taken from the 8000 block of North Seneca Road on July 22 or 23; credit cards and about $5 were taken from the 8100 block of North Navajo Road on July 23 or 24. A credit card was used to charge $50 at a gas station. A digital camera valued at $300 was taken from the 7300 block of North Navajo Road on July 24 or 25. The owner, who was walking his dog, saw power tools in the grass and realized they were his and then checked his car and found the camera taken. Two shirts valued at $40 were taken from the 8000 block of North Whitney Road on July 26 or 27. No damage was reported.
7A 38-year-old Glendale man was arrested for possession of marijuana, with a prior conviction, disorderly conduct and bail jumping at an apartment building in the 6000 block of North Green Bay Avenue at 4:45 p.m. July 17. Some residents reported the man had threatened them while waving an ax handle and that he had taken packages left at another resident's door. Those packages were found in the suspect's apartment and he was then arrested for theft.
8Roof molding and a side view mirror valued at $1,100 were taken from a BMW at Concours Motors, 5990 N. Green Bay Ave., sometime May 29 to July 15 and reported July 18.
9A wallet and contents including credit cards was taken from a purse in an office at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, during the day July 17 and reported July 18. The stolen credit cards were used to purchase items valued at more than $1,200 at various Milwaukee locations including a Speedway and Target.
10Two people reported money had been taken from their rooms at LaQuinta, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, on July 19. One reported $160 taken and another $60.
11A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for physical abuse of a child at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6:30 p.m. July 19. After a witness reported the incident, surveillance video was reviewed and showed the woman hitting a 3-year-old child with a belt. There was no information regarding injury.
12A 48-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after witnesses reported him pushing a woman to the ground and kicking her in the head several times at the Radisson Hotel, 7065 N. Port Washington Road, at 2:30 a.m. July 22. The couple said they were "boyfriend girlfriend but still married."
13A burglary was reported in the 6500 block of North Bethmaur Lane the afternoon of July 22. Several doors were found open at the home and items moved about but nothing appeared to be missing.
14Three boys, 11, 14 and 15, residences not released, were arrested for theft of items including headphones valued at more than $400 from the Apple Store, 5715 N. Centerpark Way, about 12:30 p.m. July 23. The boys grabbed the items and ran west on West Silver Spring Drive with police chasing them. They were caught and the items recovered. One boy had been previously banned from the mall, another had been reported missing and one was found with 0.8 grams of marijuana.
15Bras valued at more than $500 were taken from Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, after 8 p.m. July 21 and 11 a.m. July 22 and reported July 23.
16A 40-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft and disorderly conduct at Pick 'n Save, 6969 N. Port Washington Road, at 5:20 p.m. July 23. The man had taken items valued at $29 and when a lost prevention employee tried to stop him he pushed and struggled with that employee. No injuries were reported.
17A wallet with credit cards along with a check book were taken from a purse from what was described as the "gathering room" at Hill Point Church, 2500 W. Brown Deer Road, about noon July 21. One credit card was used for $48 at a gas station. After the theft was discovered the credit cards were canceled.
18An obscenity was scratched on a car's bumper causing $600 damage in the 4000 block of North Prospect Avenue on July 19 or 20.
· A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for criminal damage to property in the 4100 block of North Prospect Avenue about 2 a.m. July 22. This male and another both admitted spraying graffiti in and around the village. More than a dozen incidents of graffiti were reported on both public and private property some in the 3900, 4000 and 4100 blocks of Prospect and Oakland avenues and the 1800, 1900 and 2200 blocks of Capitol Drive on July 21 and 22.
19A bicycle valued at $90 locked to a bike rack was taken from the 1300 block of East Capitol Drive sometime before 1:30 p.m. July 22.
20A digital camera valued at $250 was taken from an unlocked car in the 2500 block of East Stratford Court sometime July 22 and July 23.
21A Minnesota woman, age and city not released, was found crying telling police she was lost as she walked in the 4000 block of North Downer Avenue at 1:30 a.m. July 23. Police assisted the woman, who was drunk, until a friend arrived to pick her up.
· A Shorewood man was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after he pushed a female and then knocked her over a 3-foot gate at 3:55 p.m. July 23. No injuries were reported.
22A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving in the 4000 block of North Oakland Avenue at 7:30 p.m. July 23. Police were called after a report of a man stumbling around as he left a tavern and then got in a car and drove away. The man, who failed field sobriety tests, had a BAC of 0.24.
23Charges are pending for a Shorewood man, age not released, for possession of drug paraphernalia after police and paramedics were called to a possible drug overdose in the 4400 block of North Wildwood Avenue at 3:30 p.m. July 24. Police found syringes and other drug paraphernalia in the man's residence and he was taken to a hospital.
· A resident reported a scam after receiving calls described as males who told him to send $1,000 to someone in California and he would receive $5,000 in return about 4 p.m. July 24. The resident knew at once this was a scam and called police.
24A car reported taken from the 4900 block of North Larkin Street on June 29 was found in the 3200 block of West Hampton Avenue at 8:40 p.m. July 19. The owner had allowed a "friend" to borrow the car but that person never returned it.
25Two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested for theft of $300 taken from the 800 block of East Henry Clay Street during the day July 24. The resident reported contractors had been inside the home and the men when questioned by police admitted taking the money.
26Two smartphones valued at $500 each, $30 cash and a wallet were taken from what was listed as "the area of Cahill Square" located at 4950 N Woodruff Ave. between 3 and 4 p.m. July 24.
27A burglary in progress was reported when the resident saw a man exit her garage carrying a weed trimmer and some tools in the 5700 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard at 8 p.m. July 24. When the man saw her he dropped the property and fled in a white newer model Chevy Impala heading north on North Lake Drive. He was described as a male wearing a baseball cap.
28A man from the North Shore, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving and defective stop lamp in the 100 block of East Fairmount Avenue at 2 a.m. July 26. His BAC was 0.09.
29A woman from the North Shore, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with six prior convictions, driving after revocation, failure to have insurance, loud radio and driving on the sidewalk in the 1100 block of East Henry Clay Street at 2:35 a.m. July 26. The woman said she thought the sidewalk was a driveway. Her BAC was 0.13 and she was taken for a blood draw.
30A female under the age of 21, residence not released, was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety, failure to report a change of address, failure to have insurance and driving left of center in the 500 block of East Silver Spring Drive at 3:20 a.m. July 27.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 154 calls, 108 emergency medical and 46 fire/rescue, July 15 to July 21.
· Firefighters responded to 121 calls, 87 emergency medical and 34 fire/rescue, July 22 to July 28.
31A gas odor was reported in the 5600 block of North Shore Drive, Whitefish Bay, at 3:25 p.m. July 16. The home was evacuated and ventilated. North Shore Fire Department and We Energies found a leak in a furnace flex pipe which "was isolated." No injures were reported.
32A fire on a second floor balcony was reported in the 5400 block of North Bethmaur Lane, Glendale, about 4 p.m. July 20. A charcoal grill had been left unattended and knocked over by the wind and set fire to the balcony floor. The downstairs resident climbed up to put out the fire but then was unable to get down. Firefighters assisted the man down from the balcony and the report states "the structure of the balcony appeared to be sound."
33Firefighters were called five times to the 1600 block of East River Park Court, Shorewood, July 22 to 28. Four of the calls were all for burned food and one for a burned plastic tray in a microwave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 31, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 10, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015