No reportable incidents this week.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was mailed a citation Feb. 4 for theft of more than $500 taken from a coin exchange machine in November 2013 from her employer, Tri City Bank, 9200 N. Green Bay Road. The woman was fired in November but has not appeared at the Police Department, so the citation was mailed.
· Two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested — one for trespassing, bail jumping and carrying a concealed weapon, and one for receiving stolen property — after a witness saw them entering cars in the 7800 and 7900 blocks of North Sherman Blvd. early morning Feb. 16. Both men are facing charges of theft from motor vehicles and obstruction.
· Two male students, ages and residences not released, were arrested for possession of 0.5 grams of marijuana after a witness saw the boys exchanging the marijuana in a bathroom at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th Street, at 12:20 p.m. Feb. 18.
· A smartphone valued at $479 was taken when it was left unattended for a few moments under some clothing at Laundry World, 6578 W. Brown Deer Road, prior to 8:50 p.m. Feb. 19.
· A female student, age and residence not released, was cited for unauthorized use of computer communication after she sent threats to another student via Instagram at Brown Deer Elementary School, 5757 W. Dean Road, prior to 10:40 a.m. Feb. 20. She was turned over to a parent.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft, resisting arrest and trespassing along, and two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested — one for theft and a warrant and one for party to the crime of theft — after taking clothing valued at $435 from Old Navy, 9094 N. Green Bay Road, at 12:40 p.m. Feb. 22. The three fled the store and drove away but were stopped. All items recovered.
· A girl and two boys, ages and residences not released, were cited for disorderly conduct after they got into a fight in the lunch room at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., at 1 p.m. Feb. 25. The girl reportedly slapped one of the boys, and the fight started. No injuries were reported.
· A female student, age and residence not released, was cited for carrying a concealed weapon (a folding knife) at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., at 4 p.m. March 3. The girl said she used the knife to open candy at the school.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, and speeding 57 mph in a 35-mph zone in the 8200 block of North Teutonia Avenue at 2 a.m. March 4. The woman, who said she had "two drinks," had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.184 and was taken for a blood draw.
· Jewelry, including diamond and gold rings and necklaces, valued at more than $2,500 was taken from the 100 block of East Willow Road about noon March 7. The resident reported that a white male in his 50s wearing khaki work clothes came to her home on that day saying he worked for the village and was checking for any basement problems and also told her that new water meters would be installed this year. The man had arrived in a gold van, possibly a Chrysler. The two of them went into the basement for about 10 to 15 minutes. The next day while looking for a ring, she discovered the jewelry gone.
· Prescription medication, including oxycodone and venlafaxine, valued at more than $200 and about $40 cash was taken from a purse left in a bathroom at the Orthopedic Hospital, 475 W. River Wood Parkway, about 11:15 a.m. Feb. 26. The owner didn't realize she left her purse until an employee called saying her purse had been found.
· A witness reported seeing two men take six tires valued at $160 and drive off in a white Prius at Lexus Northshore, 1433 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 1 p.m. March 1.
· A broken glass pipe with what appeared to be cocaine residue was found inside an employee's restroom at U.S. Cellular, 575 W. Northshore Drive, at 5:45 p.m. March 1. A woman had entered the store asking to use their restroom. After she closed the door, an employee heard the sound of a lighter and then glass breaking. The woman left the store and the broken pipe was found.
· A 25-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for possession of a trace amount of marijuana and being an escort without a license at LaQuinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 10:20 p.m. March 1. In a stong operation, police set up a date with her on a website used by prostitutes. At first, she denied being a prostitute but then said she had been one for about seven years.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for being an escort without a license at LaQuinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 2:30 a.m. March 3. The woman told police she had taken a cab to the hotel but then admitted her boyfriend drove her. That boyfriend, 19 of Milwaukee, drove from the scene when police arrived but was stopped and arrested for party to the crime of escort without a license. A 19-year-old Milwaukee woman, a passenger, was arrested on a felony warrant.
· Two women, one with a Brewers tattoo on her neck, are suspects in the theft of clothing worth more than $800 at Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, early evening March 3. An employee discovered the theft after finding over a dozen broken sensors on the floor. Both women were known to the store because of previous thefts.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for being an escort without a license at the Radisson, 7065 N. Port Washington Road, at 12 a.m. March 4. Police had set up a date with her on a website used by prostitutes. Another woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of escort without a license after driving the woman to the hotel.
· A Glendale man, age not released, was arrested for domestic violence battery at 3:30 a.m. March 4. Police had gone to the residence to aid Milwaukee police regarding a possible warrant arrest. That arrest was not made, but after police arrived a woman at the residence said the man had beaten earlier.
· A 21-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for being an escort without a license and a warrant at the Radisson, 7065 N. Port Washington Road at 11:30 p.m. March 4. The woman said she didn't have a job and decided to become a prostitute because she had once been an exotic dancer.
No reportable incidents this week.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A student was referred to Milwaukee Children's Court after threatening another student at Holy Family Parish School, 4849 N. Wildwood Ave., at 11:35 a.m. Feb. 27.
· A spare tire valued at $375 was taken from a truck in the 5200 block of North Berkeley Blvd. between Feb. 25 and March 4.
· Jewelry, value and description not yet available, was taken from the 5800 block of North Bay Ridge Avenue between 8:45 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. March 4. A rear casement window was pried open for entry.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 108 calls, 84 emergency medical and 24 fire/rescue, March 3 to 9.
· Firefighters responded to a car engine fire in the 4400 block of West River Lane at 3:15 p.m. March 3. Smoke and fire were seen coming out of the engine compartment. The driver said she was headed to a dealership for repairs when the engine stopped. As she tried to restart it a passerby said her engine was on fire.
· A resident reported the carbon dioxide detector was sounding in an apartment in the 5900 block of North Centerpark Way at Bayshore Town Center at 6 p.m. March 5. CO readings were 10 to 14 ppm. At the same time, security reported a strange odor coming from a heating unit on the third floor parking structure in the same area. CO readings there were over 200 ppm with a strong burnt odor. The unit was shut down and the area ventilated. No injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 31, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 10, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015