· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for an illegal U-turn in the 500 block of West Brown Deer Road at 3 a.m. Oct. 28. When asked how much she had to drink she said, "Not many." Her blood alcohol content was 0.10.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after she was seen weaving in traffic in the 8800 block of North Port Washington Road at 11:30 p.m. Oct. 29. She said she knew her driving "was poor" but she was lost and following directions from her GPS. She admitted having two beers "an hour before" and then two more "during the game." During field sobriety tests she declined counting backwards from 37 to 21 saying she was too nervous. Her BAC was 0.18.
Reports not available this week.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after his car was found on it side at Green Tree Road and Lake Drive at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 30. The man admitted drinking one glass of wine and a tumbler of scotch. He was taken to a hospital for treatment and a blood draw.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with five prior convictions, and warned for driving north in the southbound lanes approaching a squad car in the 7600 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard at 8 p.m. Oct. 31. The woman, who said she had one glass of wine, was taken for a blood draw. Her BAC was 0.11
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after a report of her "reclining" in her parked car with engine running and lights on in the 8600 block of North Port Washington Road at 2:15 a.m. Nov. 1. The woman said she was driving home to Milwaukee from Mequon and pulled over because she knew she had "too much to drink" and was now waiting for a friend to pick her up. Her BAC was 0.16.
· A woman reported being the victim of a fraud Oct. 23 after sending more than $27,000 to a man she met on Match.com June 1. After a number of months passed, he told her he was in South Africa with a diamond cutter and needed the money which she sent. After she sent the money, she was unable to reach him and called police showing them what she thought was a copy of his passport. It turned out to be fake.
· Five phones valued at $3,000 were taken from the boys unsecured locker room during a football game at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, on Oct. 18. Police were called by the school Oct. 23 and the case is being investigated.
· A cellphone valued at $200 was taken from an unlocked car at McDonald's, 5344 N. Port Washington Road, about 1:30 p.m. Oct. 24.
· A 32-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft after putting clothing valued at $213 into her purse and attempting to leave The Gap, 401 W. Northshore Drive, at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 24.
· A woman, age and residence not released, drove her car through a closed overhead garage door hitting the vehicle inside at Amato Nissan, 5200 N. Port Washington Road, at 3:35 p.m. Oct. 24. The woman said her brakes failed at Capitol Drive and Port Washington Road but she kept driving right through a red light all the way to the dealership where the accident happened. The amount of damage was not released.
· A man reported being the victim of a fraud after placing an ad on Craigslist to sell his Playstation 3 for $300 and then meeting the buyer in the 7100 block of North Green Bay Avenue the afternoon of Oct. 24. The buyer paid him with six $50 bills. When the seller got home, he discovered five of the bills were counterfeit all with the same serial number printed on regular paper.
· A 27-year-old Minnesota woman was arrested for theft of jewelry, perfume and baby shoes valued at $346 from Sears, 5900 N. Port Washington Road, at 5:50 p.m. Oct. 24. The woman fled the store but was stopped as she tried to get into a car.
· An 18-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for theft of 12 cans of baby formula valued at $203 from Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 3 p.m. Oct. 25. Milwaukee police had alerted Glendale police after the man, a known suspect, had taken baby formula from a Milwaukee store.
· Items valued at more than $1,500 including two flat screen TVs, guitars and a gaming system and games were taken from the 5200 block of North Mohawk Avenue during the day Oct. 25. A bathroom window was broken to gain entry.
· A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test and speeding 45 mph in a 30 mph zone in the 1400 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 26. The man, who failed field sobriety tests, admitted drinking.
· A 12-year-old boy, residence not released, was arrested for theft of a digital media player valued at $299, criminal damage to property for removing the sensor and obstruction at the Apple Store, 5715 N. Centerpark Way, at 4 p.m. Oct. 26. The boy ran from the store but was stopped about a block away.
· A JVC stereo valued at $200 was taken from an unlocked car in the 500 block of West Glen Bay Avenue the afternoon of Oct. 26.
· Two girls, 16 and 17, residences not released, were arrested for theft of clothing valued at $326 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5:40 p.m. Oct. 26. The girls put the items into a duffle bag and attempted to flee the store but were stopped.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of about a half gram of marijuana after the car he was in was stopped for suspended plates in the 4800 block of North Port Washington Road at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 26. There was a strong odor of marijuana in the car and a woman, another passenger, had the marijuana in her pocket but the man told police it was his.
· A 25-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman of Milwaukee were arrested for possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia and obstruction and both also for parole violations after a security guard saw them smoking crack cocaine through their first floor window at LaQuinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 1:35 a.m. Oct. 27. When they saw the guard, they locked themselves in the bathroom. Police confiscated 0.2 grams of cocaine, 3 grams of marijuana and pipes with residue.
· A tire and wheel valued at $1,500 were taken from a Lincoln Navigator at Heiser Ford, 1700 W. Silver Spring Drive, sometime Oct. 26 to 28.
· Fourteen catalytic converters valued at $11,200 were taken from Habhegger Wheel & Axel, 102 W. Capitol Drive, sometime before 9:30 a.m. Oct. 28. The converters were locked to a structure inside a fenced-in area and the locks were cut.
· A mountain bike valued at $300 was taken from Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, during the day Oct. 28.
· A digital media player valued at $900 was taken from an unlocked car at 5600 North Port Washington Road about noon Oct. 29.
· A 20-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for driving a motor vehicle without the owner's consent and possession of about one gram of marijuana after being stopped for having a plate without registration stickers in the 1300 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30. The car had been stolen from Wauwatosa. When stopped the man told police, "I have weed on me."
· Items valued at more than $500 including a flat screen TV and a laptop were taken from the 5600 block of North Stanton Drive during the day Oct. 30. Forced entry was gained through a rear window.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery after he hit a female in the face in the 4400 block of North Oakland Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Oct. 26. No serious injuries were reported.
· A 20-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for underage possession of alcohol and speeding 51 mph in a 30 mph zone in the 3700 block of North Lake Drive at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 26.
· An attempted theft was reported in the 4100 block of North Farwell Avenue about 12:20 p.m. Oct. 27. The resident saw a man push open his garage door and walk out with his bike. When the resident called out, "What are you doing," the man dropped the bike and ran off.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 60 plus mph in a 30 mph zone in the 4200 block of North Wilson Drive at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 27. The man, who was driving without lights, lost control and slammed into a lamp post. The man was injured and taken to a hospital for treatment and a blood draw.
· Items valued at more than $3,500 including a mini notebook computer, a laptop and a 32-inch LCD TV were taken from the 2400 block of East Newton Avenue sometime after 11:15 p.m. Oct. 27 and 1:30 p.m. Oct. 28. A kitchen window was broken to gain entry.
· A man and woman, not yet 21, residences not released, were mailed citations for underage drinking after a report of them arguing in the 3900 block of North Farwell Avenue at 1:50 a.m. Oct. 28. They both admitted drinking.
· A woman was the victim of an armed robbery as she walked in the 1900 block of East Marion Street about 7 p.m. Oct. 29. Two males approached her, one armed with a gun, and took her backpack with items valued at more than $700 including a digital media player and a smartphone. They then ran off.
· A lawn mower and other lawn equipment valued at $450 were taken from a garage in the 3900 block of North Maryland Avenue on Oct. 29 or 30.
· Two males were reported looking through the front door after closing at Lake Shore Mobil, 2521 E. Capitol Drive, at 2 a.m. Oct. 30. They then threw a brick shattering the window and attempted to enter but after being unsuccessful ran off.
· A Dodge Neon's ignition was damaged during an attempted theft in the 3900 block of North Oakland Avenue about 12:15 a.m. Oct. 31. The owner saw a man in his car and went outside and asked him "Is there a problem?" The man ran off and the damage was found.
· A purple 21-speed mountain bike valued at $150 was taken from a garage in the 100 block of East Chateau Place sometime Sept. 28 to Oct. 27.
· A resident reported hearing glass breaking in the 4900 block of North Lake Drive at 1:12 a.m. Oct. 28. An 8-inch x12-inch pane of glass was broken on a side door causing $150 damage. No entry was gained.
· A resident reported her Social Security number was used to open a cable account to an address not hers in 2012 after receiving a bill from a collection agency Oct. 30.
· Jewelry valued at more than $2,500 was taken from the 5100 block of North Bay Ridge Avenue sometime after 8 a.m. Oct. 25 and 1:30 p.m. Oct 27. There was no information regarding forced entry.
· A screen on a patio door was cut in the 4600 block of North Lake Drive sometime Oct. 30 to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Entry was not gained. Damage was $75.
· A resident reported finding a window partially open looking as if someone attempted to gain entry in the 4700 block of North Berkeley Boulevard at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Entry was not gained.
· A resident reported a burglary in progress after hearing the sound of glass breaking in the 5600 block of North Shore Drive about 3 a.m. Nov. 2. A kitchen window was smashed and a purse taken. That purse and contents including a wallet and cash was valued at $1,250.
· A patio door was found propped open by a lawn chair in the 5700 block of North Shore Drive at 8 a.m. Nov. 3. Entry to the home was not gained.
· A man armed with a knife grabbed at least one box of laundry detergent and fled CVS Pharmacy, 240 E. Hampton Road, at 8:35 a.m. Nov. 3.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Reports not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014