Registered voters living on the south side of West Pierner Place and the west side of North 67th Street to roughly West Cloverleaf Drive will vote at the Brown Deer Library, not Trinity Community Church on Tuesday.
Brown Deer Village Manager Russell Van Gompel told the Village Board on Monday night that the geographical information system used to map out the new wards after the redistricting due to the 2010 census mapped from the centerline of those streets. The result was the two areas were assigned to the library for voting rather than the church.
Van Gompel said village staff noticed the error before the last two elections and went into the state registration system and manually corrected the error. However, it was not caught until this afternoon. The poll books were already printed meaning those voters must go to the library to vote in this election.
Van Gompel did not know the exact number of voters who could be impacted by the switch but there are 20 to 25 homes along the streets.
The library is located at 5600 W. Bradley Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015