Proposed changes at the Milwaukee Jewish Federation's Karl Jewish Community Campus have advanced, following a review and favorable recommendation by the Plan Commission on Tuesday.
Commissioners discussed JCC's plans for the site, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., as a standard practice outlined in Village Code. The prevailing concern raised during Tuesday's discussion centered around parking at the site during larger events. JCC officials expressed a continued willingness to work with village staff and nearby neighbors.
Commissioners' recommendation will now be forwarded to the Village Board for final action.
JCC officials are requesting eight operational and structural changes at the campus. The list includes proposed fencing on the back field of the property, increasing the number of permissible annual special events on the campus from 12 to 20 and requesting up to 30 events, including wedding receptions, be allowed to function until 1 a.m., instead of the current 11 p.m. cut off time.
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)