North Shore communities claim four of the top six spots in Movoto Blog's "10 Best Places In Wisconsin" list, with the city of Mequon ranking first in the state.
Based on the criteria of amenities, quality of life, crime, taxes, unemployment, commute time, and weather, the real estate blog ranked Mequon first, Brown Deer third, Fox Point fourth, and Whitefish Bay sixth among 130 Wisconsin municipalities.
Mequon was noted for its quality of life, low crime and unemployment rates, and average summer temperature. Brown Deer was highlighted for a low crime rate and available amenities. Due to its state-leading overall quality of life, lack of crime, and climate Fox Point was honored, while Whitefish Bay made the cut for its high level of amenities and quality of life.
Full rankings courtesy of Movoto:
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)