On a narrow 3-2 vote, the Shorewood School Board on Tuesday voted in favor of a 2012-13 calendar that sets in motion the start and end dates of the school year, as well as the extended winter and spring breaks.
School will begin Sept. 4 and wrap June 13, 2013. Winter break will run from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2; spring break will be held from March 25 to April 1.
The board was divided on Tuesday's course of action. This was the first calendar drafted since Act 10 removed calendar building from the collective bargaining process.
Administrators drafted the calendar, but did have dialogue with teachers on the document. Concerns about the thoroughness of the drafting process were raised by the board.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire