The Whitefish Bay Police Commission last night named Lt. Ron Stefanski acting chief. Stefanski will assume his new duties on June 5. Chief Robert Jacobs last day is June 4. Jacobs is retiring.
Stefanski, 49, joined the department as a patrolman in September 1986, was promoted to sergeant in 1991 and to lieutenant in 2007.
He has a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from St. Mary's University in Minnesota.
The commission has culled a list of ten people from the 27 who applied for the chief's position and is in the process of conducting telephone interviews with them to further narrow the field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Fox Point taxpayers face slight increase
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections
- Kudos for Nicolet’s ‘Princess and the Pea’
- Police Report: Nov. 25