Residents who are interested in filling a vacant position on the Thiensville Village Board have until May 1 to submit a letter of interest to Village Manager Dianne Robertson.
Newly elected Village President Van Mobley's seat on the Village Board is vacant and by ordinance the Village Board can name a successor or leave the seat vacant.
The board is seeking applicants and as of today has already received three letters for the position.
Robertson said she planned to schedule interviews for the applicants beginning May 3. The board conducts the interviews and make a decision in open session.
Mobley said he thinks it best to fill the position before deciding on a new police chief for the village. The field of applicants for the chief's position has been narrowed to two finalists.
The vacant term on the Village Board would expire in April 2013. Trustees earn $1,800 per year.
Applications should be sent to Robertson, 250 Elm St., Thiensville, WI, 53092.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015