River Hills Village Manager Tom Tollaksen is resigning his post. His last day in the office will be Jan. 27.
Tollaksen, who was appointed River Hills' village manager in September, 1996, said he believes his goals at the village have been largely accomplished, including modernization of public services, improvement of village infrastructure, and fostering of a competent, compassionate and creative village staff.
"Although I will no longer be village manager," Tollaksen said, "I look forward to doing what I can to continue the village's status as a strong and vibrant community."
Tollaksen said his decision to leave the village was not an easy one.
"There are other personal goals that I want to accomplish," he said, "and the timing seems right for me and my family."
He said he is committed to continuing to work hard for the remainder of his tenure as village manager to continue to address financial challenges and to prepare for as seamless a transition as possible.
He said: "The village's budget has not been without challenges. But, the board and the employees have shown a willingness to work together to meet the shared goal of delivering quality services to village residents at a reasonable cost. It has been a privilege to serve the village of River Hills."
The village posted a classified advertisement on the League of Municipalities Web site seeking a manager/clerk/treasurer Jan. 13. Clerk/Treasurer Barbara Goeckner left the village in early December for a deputy clerk position in Hales Corners.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research