Whitefish Bay - Two firefighters suffered minor injuries Monday morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a garage fire in the 5700 block of North Kent Avenue.
From an NSFD news release:
Firefighters and Whitefish Bay police found the garage ablaze at 5707 N. Kent and took several hose lines to the fire, later taking up a defensive position after discovering a propane cylinder leaking and on fire.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a rafter storage area collapsed on him, and a second received treatment for heat exhaustion on-scene. Neighboring properties were undamaged.
The total estimated damage to the property is $45,000, and the original cause of the fire remains unknown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point grants liquor license despite police chief's concerns
- Election update
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Former marine and Iranian hostage shares story of 1979 embassy takeover with Nicolet students
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Fox Point inches closer to taking bids on footbridge
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Fox Point taxpayers face slight increase