Whitefish Bay - Two firefighters suffered minor injuries Monday morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a garage fire in the 5700 block of North Kent Avenue.
From an NSFD news release:
Firefighters and Whitefish Bay police found the garage ablaze at 5707 N. Kent and took several hose lines to the fire, later taking up a defensive position after discovering a propane cylinder leaking and on fire.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a rafter storage area collapsed on him, and a second received treatment for heat exhaustion on-scene. Neighboring properties were undamaged.
The total estimated damage to the property is $45,000, and the original cause of the fire remains unknown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015