Whitefish Bay - Two firefighters suffered minor injuries Monday morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a garage fire in the 5700 block of North Kent Avenue.
From an NSFD news release:
Firefighters and Whitefish Bay police found the garage ablaze at 5707 N. Kent and took several hose lines to the fire, later taking up a defensive position after discovering a propane cylinder leaking and on fire.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a rafter storage area collapsed on him, and a second received treatment for heat exhaustion on-scene. Neighboring properties were undamaged.
The total estimated damage to the property is $45,000, and the original cause of the fire remains unknown.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire