After deliberation and a rescinded motion, the Whitefish Bay Village Board on Monday voted, 5-2, to hold trick-or-treating from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30. Staff at Village Hall had recommended the motion.
Trustee Kevin Buckley had successfully led a move to change the festive event to the early evening hours on Monday, Oct. 31, on a 4-3 vote. But concerns were subsequently raised about potential conflicts with after-school activities, and the board reconsidered the motion, opting instead to follow through with the original recommendation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash