Parking citations in Whitefish Bay are increasing, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
Expired meter tickets are increasing from $10 to $15, while overnight parking citations are increasing from $15 to $20. Handicap parking tickets will be increasing by the greatest increment - from $50 to $150 - and all other parking citations increase from $15 to $25.
After surveying other Milwaukee communities, village officials learned Whitefish Bay was among the lowest with its fee schedule. The hikes present an additional opportunity for the village to increase revenue intake.
While fines are increasing, the village has not announced plans to increase meter prices.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 9
- Fox Point to replace footbridge after years of debate
- Police Report: April 8
- Dickman wins write-in bid for Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins
- Engineering for Kids brings basics of science to North Shore youth