Long-time Brown Deer boys basketball coach Mike Novak and Nicolet assistant coach Jim Sperl will be inducted into the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Hall of Fame in ceremonies to be held Oct. 2 at the Marriott Hotel in Middleton.
The pair will be two of 27 inductees to be honored that night. Sperl, who worked at Nicolet for 27 years is the only assistant being entered, while Novak will be one of nine head coaches to go into the hall including Racine St. Catherine's legend Bob Letsch.
Other inductees of note include Marquette's Al McGuire, Governor Jim Doyle, Lomont Weaver of Beloit and Kelly (Byrne) Mueller of Brookfield East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SPORTS SHORTS: Sept. 18
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007
- Track and field: Class and excellence highlights of Hamilton track sectional