The Whitefish Bay boys basketball team, which just clinched a share of the North Shore Conference title Friday night, will be the top seed in its WIAA Division 2 regional bracket.
The Blue Dukes (17-1) earned a first-round bye and now will host the winner of fourth-seeded Shorewood and fifth-seeded Messmer in a regional semifinal Thursday, March 5. The winner will advance to a regional final at Marquette High School at 4 p.m. Saturday, March 7.
Brown Deer is the three seed in that same bracket and will host sixth-seeded Grafton in a 7 p.m. March 7 regional quarterfinal. The winner will challenge the victor of second seed Milwaukee Marshall and seventh seed Milwaukee Lifelong Learning in a March 5 regional semifinal.
The regional champion will advance to sectional play at the Al McGuire Center on the Marquette University campus March 12 and 14.
In the Division I Germantown/Arrowhead bracket, Homestead claimed the 14th seed and will visit three-seed Waukesha North in a 7 p.m. March 3 regional semifinal. The winner will challenge the victor of sixth-seeded Milwaukee Vincent and 11th seeded Cedarburg in a March 7 regional final with the regional champion advancing to sectional play also at the McGuire Center March 13 and 14.
In the Division I Milwaukee Washington/Marquette sectional, Nicolet claimed the eighth seed and will host ninth-seeded Milwaukee Riverside in a 7 p.m. March 3 regional semifinal. The winner will visit top-seeded and top-ranked in state Milwaukee Washington in a March 7 regional final.
Sectional play for this bracket will also be at the McGuire Center on March 13 and 14.
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet
- Allan Hanson named new Nicolet boys basketball coach
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Hepp, Nicolet boys basketball team win last home game over Wisco
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team rallies past Nicolet, 79-74
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Germantown boys volleyball team earns state berth with win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team rolls on with 7-0 win over Nicolet
- Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet to secure NSC lead
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller