The Whitefish Bay boys basketball team, which just clinched a share of the North Shore Conference title Friday night, will be the top seed in its WIAA Division 2 regional bracket.
The Blue Dukes (17-1) earned a first-round bye and now will host the winner of fourth-seeded Shorewood and fifth-seeded Messmer in a regional semifinal Thursday, March 5. The winner will advance to a regional final at Marquette High School at 4 p.m. Saturday, March 7.
Brown Deer is the three seed in that same bracket and will host sixth-seeded Grafton in a 7 p.m. March 7 regional quarterfinal. The winner will challenge the victor of second seed Milwaukee Marshall and seventh seed Milwaukee Lifelong Learning in a March 5 regional semifinal.
The regional champion will advance to sectional play at the Al McGuire Center on the Marquette University campus March 12 and 14.
In the Division I Germantown/Arrowhead bracket, Homestead claimed the 14th seed and will visit three-seed Waukesha North in a 7 p.m. March 3 regional semifinal. The winner will challenge the victor of sixth-seeded Milwaukee Vincent and 11th seeded Cedarburg in a March 7 regional final with the regional champion advancing to sectional play also at the McGuire Center March 13 and 14.
In the Division I Milwaukee Washington/Marquette sectional, Nicolet claimed the eighth seed and will host ninth-seeded Milwaukee Riverside in a 7 p.m. March 3 regional semifinal. The winner will visit top-seeded and top-ranked in state Milwaukee Washington in a March 7 regional final.
Sectional play for this bracket will also be at the McGuire Center on March 13 and 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Stewart rushes for 315 yards as Messwood overpowers Nicolet
- Menomonee Falls volleyball team opens season with win over Nicolet
- Homestead girls soccer team holds on, 2-1, over Nicolet
- Germantown girls basketball team clinches share of second NSC crown
- Whitefish Bay girls overpower Nicolet on senior night, 56-34
- Motivated Germantown wrestlers beat Nicolet, 63-15
- Homestead boys shutout Nicolet in third quarter in 65-30 rout
- Wolf comes home as Homestead girls hoops team beat Nicolet, 51-41
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team holds on to beat Nicolet, 2-1