It was no contest Saturday evening as the Nicolet girls basketball team defeated South Milwaukee, 56-22, in a Division 1 regional final game at Nicolet. Nicolet had three players in double figures, led by Ashley Green, who finished with 19. Alex Cohen scored 14 for the Knights, while Brittney Fair finished with 10 points. Nicolet will now take on Oak Creek in a sectional semifinal game on Friday at Whitefish Bay. Saturday's win was the 100th career victory for Nicolet coach Corey Wolf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007
- Track and field: Class and excellence highlights of Hamilton track sectional
- Germantown softball team's big bats earn it regional title over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay girls track team overcomes injuries and wins NSC outdoor title
- Whitefish Bay and Homestead boys track teams take second and third in North Shore outdoor
- Homestead boys tennis team wins sixth North Shore Conference title in a row