The North Shore Library will present the last movie of its Tuesday evening movie series with a showing of "Avatar" on Tuesday, September 7th at 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. There is no charge. Samples of Native American food will be served.
After 12 years of thinking about it (and waiting for movie technology to catch up with his visions), James Cameron followed up his unsinkable "Titanic" with "Avatar", a sci-fi epic meant to trump all previous sci-fi epics. Set in the future on a distant planet, "Avatar" spins a parable about greedy colonizers (that would be mankind) messing up the lush tribal world of Pandora.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville