Wisconsin Lutheran Care Center, a skilled nursing facility owned and operated in Milwaukee by WLCFS, was recently awarded a five-star rating by Medicare.
After a citation-free survey in September, the five-star rating was awarded in late October. According to the Medicare website:
The Five-Star Quality Rating System was created to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily and help identify areas about which you may want to ask questions. This rating system is based on continued efforts as a result of the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1987 (OBRA ’87), a nursing home reform law, and more recent quality improvement campaigns such as the Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes, a coalition of consumers, health care providers, and nursing home professionals.
Nursing home ratings are taken from the following three sources of data:
• Health Inspections
• Quality Measures
We provide a star rating for each of these three sources, in case some areas are more important to you than others. Then, these three ratings are combined to calculate an overall rating. (http://www.medicare.gov)
Five-star skilled nursing communities are recognized by Medicare as being “much above average.”
“We are excited to be awarded the five-star rating,” states Dan Degner, WLCFS CEO. “It recognizes the outstanding work that happens at Wisconsin Lutheran Care Center each and every day.”
David Tanck, administrator for Wisconsin Lutheran Care Center, adds, “Having a deficiency-free survey in September was the result of our entire team working tirelessly to provide the very best in patient care. Achieving the five-star rating is just icing on the cake and allows the public to see how wonderful our community is.”
To learn more about Wisconsin Lutheran Care Center and to take a virtual tour of the community, please visit www.wlcfs.org.
WLCFS (Wisconsin Lutheran Child & Family Service, Inc.) has been healing and helping people in need through the ministry of Jesus Christ since 1965. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WLCFS is a not-for-profit organization that owns and operates a continuum of senior care facilities and seven Christian Family Counseling offices throughout Wisconsin. The Member Assistance Program (MAP) currently offers video-assisted counseling and educational programming to over 60 organizations within the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and the Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest