North Shore Presbyterian Church (NSPC) in Shorewood will hold two services Christmas Eve.
In addition to its traditional candle-light service at 10 p.m., the church is honored to host its third annual Moravian Lovefeast service which traces its roots to the early 15th century and is focused on serving one another. The Lovefeast begins at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend and families are encouraged.
After a prayer service, members of the NSPC congregation known as “Dieners” (from a German word for “one who serves”) will provide all participants with sweet rolls and hot cocoa – which all will share simultaneously.
All of the rolls are made by members of the NSPC congregation. The Dieners are a reminder that all Christians are servants and the simultaneous breaking of bread is a reminder that we are all part of God’s family.
In churches around the country, people come to these Lovefeasts, eager for that quiet moment when the sanctuary lights are dimmed, and the dieners enter, bearing the traditional trays of food, followed by beeswax candles, concluding with Silent Night sung by candlelight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner