The Brown Deer FBLA competitors brought home a record number of top ten finishes at their Regional Leadership Lab (RLC), which was held at Brookfield East High School on Saturday, February 5th.
Thirty-one competitors attended the RLC, which students signed up for this past December. The competition was attended by over 35 middle and high schools from around Southeastern Wisconsin and over 1,000 students. RLC is the first step for these business students as they climb the ladder of success in competition. The ladder ends at the National Leadership Conference, which is held in Orlando, Florida at the end of June.
The following 16 students placed in the top ten in their respective events: Sagal Dalmar (1st place in FBLA Principles and Procedures), Lyka Dominguez (1st in Web Site Design), Dennis McMurray (1st in Web Site Design), Brenda Barrales (2nd in Business Ethics), Kelsey Greuel (2nd in Business Ethics), Elyssa Mullings (2nd in Business Math), Jennifer Gaertner (5th in Hospitality Management), Marlanda Grandberry (5th in Word Processing II), Dani Parish (5th in Introduction to Technology Concepts), Shang Xiong (6th in Emerging Business Issues), Katelyn Zachowski (6th in Emerging Business Issues), Rob Davis (7th in Business Procedures), Keirra Lewis (7th in Business Presentation), Katie Montgomery (7th in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure), Dami Oluwatosin (7th in Accounting I), and Kelsey Wangler (7th in Business Presentation).
Students placing in the top 3 in their respective events continue to the State Leadership Conference (SLC), which is held at the beginning of April in Appleton, Wisconsin. Four additional competitors who earned 4th – 10th place finishes will be selected to attend SLC as delegates in Project LEAD, a leadership activity for active members.
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) is part of Brown Deer High School’s Association of Business Students, which is an career and technical student organization committed to helping students become college and career ready. It is coached by Mrs. Christine Richards, a business and marketing teacher at BDHS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Kids From Wisconsin Premier
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- 65 Incorporated Simplifies Medicare Enrollment Decisions with New Software
- Integrated Health Network of Wisconsin Names CFO
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction