Sport: Girls Basketball
In a historic night for the program, Dominican cruised to a 48-28 victory over Kenosha St. Joseph on February 12th. After not even three full seasons, Deysha Smith-Jenkins recorded her 1,000th career point as a Lady Knight. She went on to finish the game with 13 points, six rebounds and eight steals. Dilonna Johnson scored a game-high 15 points and grabbed five rebounds of her own. Mishayla Jones and Brionna Simmons each added eight points, respectively, in the victory.
Three days later, the girls battled back to win an exciting and important conference road game against Racine St. Catherine’s. With the help of a 19-7 third quarter spurt, the Lady Knights edged out the Angels 52-51 to stay undefeated in conference (11-0) and overall (16-0). Johnson again led the team with 20 points, including four three-point baskets and Smith-Jenkins finished with 18 of her own. After another successful week, the Lady Knights remain the state’s number one ranked team in Division 3.
Sport: Boys Basketball
While the girls are enjoying a successful run, Dominican’s boys team is also tearing its way through the Midwest Classic Conference. With wins over Kenosha St. Joseph’s on February 11th and Racine St. Catherine’s on February 15th, the Knights have continued to build on their conference lead. In their 74-45 victory over the Lancers, Jamall Taylor scored a team-high 21 points and Duane Wilson followed with 19. Iman Johnson finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
In their other big conference match up of the week, the Knights held off the Racine St. Catherine Angels for a 40-30 win. Wilson’s 14 points combined with Taylor’s 11 helped propel Dominican’s offense, while a tough 1-3-1 zone anchored by Johnson secured the victory on defense. Voted as the area’s seventh ranked team by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Dominican is currently riding an 11 game win streak.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NORTH SHORE CARSTAR TO HOST THIRD ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET