The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch the movie "Adam" on Wednesday, February 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Non-members are always welcome at club events.
"Adam" is a somewhat quirky romantic comedy that focuses on "Adam" (Hugh Dancy), who has Asperger Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism that lowers ability to "read" other people's thoughts and feelings and respond appropriately. It is estimated that as many as three of 1.000 persons have this condition.
Adam is a shy but very bright young man, whose father has just died. He meets his new neighbor (Rose Bryne), a children's book author. Each helps and learns from the other in this departure from the usual "guy gets girl" formula.
There is no admission fee. For futher information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store