The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch the movie "Adam" on Wednesday, February 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Non-members are always welcome at club events.
"Adam" is a somewhat quirky romantic comedy that focuses on "Adam" (Hugh Dancy), who has Asperger Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism that lowers ability to "read" other people's thoughts and feelings and respond appropriately. It is estimated that as many as three of 1.000 persons have this condition.
Adam is a shy but very bright young man, whose father has just died. He meets his new neighbor (Rose Bryne), a children's book author. Each helps and learns from the other in this departure from the usual "guy gets girl" formula.
There is no admission fee. For futher information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- Breakfast for a Brighter Tomorrow
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info