The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch the movie "Adam" on Wednesday, February 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Non-members are always welcome at club events.
"Adam" is a somewhat quirky romantic comedy that focuses on "Adam" (Hugh Dancy), who has Asperger Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism that lowers ability to "read" other people's thoughts and feelings and respond appropriately. It is estimated that as many as three of 1.000 persons have this condition.
Adam is a shy but very bright young man, whose father has just died. He meets his new neighbor (Rose Bryne), a children's book author. Each helps and learns from the other in this departure from the usual "guy gets girl" formula.
There is no admission fee. For futher information, call (414) 540-2100.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?