Friends of North Shore Library Book and Bake Sale
When: Thursday, March 31 at 5:00 pm to 8 pm
Friday, April 1 at 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, April 2 at 10 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, April 3 at 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Where: North Shore Library Community Room
6800 N. Port Washington Rd.
(Bottom floor of the BVK Office Building)
Why: There are some great deals helping a great cause!
The Book and Bake Sale is an annual event hosted by the Friends of the Library. Books and media that have been donated to the Library or withdrawn from our collection are sold to the public at very reasonable prices.
And then there are all the specially priced books. These may be collector’s editions, beautiful “coffee table books” or autographed copies.
There will be best sellers, current popular reads, romance paperbacks, travel books, history books, classics, children’s picture books, media ~ something for everyone! There will be hundreds of items.
So what does the money go to?
The profits from the Friends fund-raising goes right back to the North Shore Library. The Children’s Department is given funds to help support the programming during the summertime for young readers. Adult Readers Services uses funds to help buy the rental books so we can have multiple copies of the most popular books ready and on the shelf for those who want to read them. The librarians submit projects they would like funded that are not covered by our regular budget.
For an extra treat, refreshments will be served on Thursday evening and goodies will be on sale during the sale.
So join us for some fun book browsing, to enjoy some wonderful company and to help out your local public library.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville