Friends of North Shore Library Book and Bake Sale
When: Thursday, March 31 at 5:00 pm to 8 pm
Friday, April 1 at 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, April 2 at 10 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, April 3 at 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Where: North Shore Library Community Room
6800 N. Port Washington Rd.
(Bottom floor of the BVK Office Building)
Why: There are some great deals helping a great cause!
The Book and Bake Sale is an annual event hosted by the Friends of the Library. Books and media that have been donated to the Library or withdrawn from our collection are sold to the public at very reasonable prices.
And then there are all the specially priced books. These may be collector’s editions, beautiful “coffee table books” or autographed copies.
There will be best sellers, current popular reads, romance paperbacks, travel books, history books, classics, children’s picture books, media ~ something for everyone! There will be hundreds of items.
So what does the money go to?
The profits from the Friends fund-raising goes right back to the North Shore Library. The Children’s Department is given funds to help support the programming during the summertime for young readers. Adult Readers Services uses funds to help buy the rental books so we can have multiple copies of the most popular books ready and on the shelf for those who want to read them. The librarians submit projects they would like funded that are not covered by our regular budget.
For an extra treat, refreshments will be served on Thursday evening and goodies will be on sale during the sale.
So join us for some fun book browsing, to enjoy some wonderful company and to help out your local public library.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?