My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last year, and I now am a freshman at the University of Michigan. As many of you know, the people of the district of Nicolet High School will be voting on a referendum to minimally increase property tax in the area to support the school and limit looming budget cuts due to the cuts in funding by Walker's new plan. I took the problem to Facebook, where I have organized an event to gather recent Nicolet graduates and have them vote yes for the referendum. Right now our group has 200 members who have said they will vote absentee or at the polls on April 5th. The event has gained attention from more than college kids; students and adults from other districts have shown their support for the group.
I encourage you to check out the event on Facebook. The title of the event is "Vote Yes For the Nicolet Property Tax Referendum."
Jacob Samuel Levey
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Ways for Homeowners to Keep Their Kitchen Remodel on Budget