My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last year, and I now am a freshman at the University of Michigan. As many of you know, the people of the district of Nicolet High School will be voting on a referendum to minimally increase property tax in the area to support the school and limit looming budget cuts due to the cuts in funding by Walker's new plan. I took the problem to Facebook, where I have organized an event to gather recent Nicolet graduates and have them vote yes for the referendum. Right now our group has 200 members who have said they will vote absentee or at the polls on April 5th. The event has gained attention from more than college kids; students and adults from other districts have shown their support for the group.
I encourage you to check out the event on Facebook. The title of the event is "Vote Yes For the Nicolet Property Tax Referendum."
Jacob Samuel Levey
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Houzz Presents Design Tech Remodeling With Award