My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last year, and I now am a freshman at the University of Michigan. As many of you know, the people of the district of Nicolet High School will be voting on a referendum to minimally increase property tax in the area to support the school and limit looming budget cuts due to the cuts in funding by Walker's new plan. I took the problem to Facebook, where I have organized an event to gather recent Nicolet graduates and have them vote yes for the referendum. Right now our group has 200 members who have said they will vote absentee or at the polls on April 5th. The event has gained attention from more than college kids; students and adults from other districts have shown their support for the group.
I encourage you to check out the event on Facebook. The title of the event is "Vote Yes For the Nicolet Property Tax Referendum."
Jacob Samuel Levey
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner