My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last year, and I now am a freshman at the University of Michigan. As many of you know, the people of the district of Nicolet High School will be voting on a referendum to minimally increase property tax in the area to support the school and limit looming budget cuts due to the cuts in funding by Walker's new plan. I took the problem to Facebook, where I have organized an event to gather recent Nicolet graduates and have them vote yes for the referendum. Right now our group has 200 members who have said they will vote absentee or at the polls on April 5th. The event has gained attention from more than college kids; students and adults from other districts have shown their support for the group.
I encourage you to check out the event on Facebook. The title of the event is "Vote Yes For the Nicolet Property Tax Referendum."
Jacob Samuel Levey
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Concordia University Wisconsin Announces Four Musical Acts For Its Lake Moon Festival August 9