My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last year, and I now am a freshman at the University of Michigan. As many of you know, the people of the district of Nicolet High School will be voting on a referendum to minimally increase property tax in the area to support the school and limit looming budget cuts due to the cuts in funding by Walker's new plan. I took the problem to Facebook, where I have organized an event to gather recent Nicolet graduates and have them vote yes for the referendum. Right now our group has 200 members who have said they will vote absentee or at the polls on April 5th. The event has gained attention from more than college kids; students and adults from other districts have shown their support for the group.
I encourage you to check out the event on Facebook. The title of the event is "Vote Yes For the Nicolet Property Tax Referendum."
Jacob Samuel Levey
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- Breakfast for a Brighter Tomorrow
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info