Unitarian Church North is creating sacred space in turbulent times. On Tuesday, April 5, at 7 p.m., Rev. Julie Forest will conduct an evening of reflection on recent world events and our reactions to them. The public is invited; there is no cost. The church is at 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon.
“This year started off on a high note with the Packers making the playoffs and surprising and delighting us with the winning of the Super Bowl. But it seems that this has been one of the only high points in this young new year of ours,” said Rev. Forest. “Many of us are feeling battered by the grief and tragedy in the Middle East, Africa, in Japan, in China, in our own state and our neighboring states. Truly these are turbulent times and they are affecting us on deep levels. Anxiety is high right now. We find ourselves wondering when will there be good news. We will come together for a chance to reflect on where we are in the midst of the whirlwind and to hear about how others are feeling.”
Unitarian Church North is an active, welcoming Unitarian Universalist congregation. In the quest for an authentic, personal theology, members consider the wisdom of the world’s great religious and ethical teachings as well as their own direct experience, conscience and thoughtfulness. The congregation includes people of many faith perspectives, including agnostics and humanists, who join together on their religious journeys and work to inspire spiritual and ethical growth; promote free religious expression; create a diverse and inclusive community; and work for justice in our world. For more information, visit www.ucnorth.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Houzz Presents Design Tech Remodeling With Award