Nicolet German students excelled at the recent American Association of Teacher's of German Wisconsin State German Pronunciation contest. Held Saturday, April 2nd at Marquette University, the contest required students to present a memorized poem and then to take part in an impromptu conversation. Nicolet had the top showing in the state with 93% of NHS participants taking medals.
1st Place and State Champion: Bayside's Sam Morris
2nd Place: Bayside's James Watson
1st Place: Glendale's Sandra Gurneau and River Hills' Mark Hallstrom
2nd Place: Glendale's Ella Dierberger, Glendale's Julia Vascan and Glendale's Molly Wertheimer
1st Place and State Champion: Glendale's William Jen
2nd Place: Glendale's Chris Sorenson
1st Place and State Champion: Fox Point's Jeremiah Hearon
1st Place: Glendale's Micah Neidorfler and Glendale's Sarah Sherman
2nd Place: Glendale's Allie Foran-McHale
Glen Hills Middle School German students also excelled:
Middle School State Champion: Colin Mitchel
2nd Place Winners: Jenny Cecil, Steven Johnson, Kai Rune
3rd Place Winners: Tyra Gall, Wayne Martin, Cierra Vine
German teacher at both schools is Mark Wagner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour