Glen Hills German Students Win German Day Competition
Glen Hills Middle School German students won the middle school championship at the 2011 German Day Competition. Held at UW-Madison on April 7th, the event brought together over 800 students representing 50 Wisconsin middle and high school German programs to compete against each other in singing, poetry and spelling competitions. German teacher Mark Wagner was especially proud of the Glen Hills singing group. Four seventh graders performed German hip hop artist Doppel-U’s rendition of Gefunden, a poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Glen Hills 2011 German Day Middle School Champions
1st Row: Robert McCracken, Steven Johnson, Ravi Ashirov
2nd Row: Rhonan Dyett, Tyra Gall, Cierra Vine, Jenny Cecil, Lydia Hansen, Carra Brogan, Aaron Kauer
3rd Row: Matt Appleby, Danny Zenge, Teddy Uy, Brandon Poll, Wayne Martin, Colin Mitchell
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour