Glen Hills German Students Win German Day Competition
Glen Hills Middle School German students won the middle school championship at the 2011 German Day Competition. Held at UW-Madison on April 7th, the event brought together over 800 students representing 50 Wisconsin middle and high school German programs to compete against each other in singing, poetry and spelling competitions. German teacher Mark Wagner was especially proud of the Glen Hills singing group. Four seventh graders performed German hip hop artist Doppel-U’s rendition of Gefunden, a poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Glen Hills 2011 German Day Middle School Champions
1st Row: Robert McCracken, Steven Johnson, Ravi Ashirov
2nd Row: Rhonan Dyett, Tyra Gall, Cierra Vine, Jenny Cecil, Lydia Hansen, Carra Brogan, Aaron Kauer
3rd Row: Matt Appleby, Danny Zenge, Teddy Uy, Brandon Poll, Wayne Martin, Colin Mitchell
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- A New Academy Opens for Gifted Learners
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. District Free Throw Contest Results
- ROSEBUD REAL ESTATE IS HERE!
- CigarMKE - LET'S GET LIT!