Meeting on Social Ground: Preparing Our Kids and Others - Wednesday, May 11
The North Shore Parents Network and the school districts of the North Shore invite you to an eveing of information and networking.
Who: Parents, educators and professionals with interest in the special educational needs of students in the early childhood, elementary, middle and high schools of the North Shore.
What: A panel discussion exploring ways to optimize social opportunities by increasing options and exposure, social strategies our kids can employ, as well as how we can help others meet our kids part way. The panel will include the perspectives of Rhonda J. Greenhaw - lead therapist, Easter Seals Autism Program; Elsa Diaz-Bautista - parent/activist/Girl Scout leader; Patti Ellsworth - Bayside Middle School Special Education teacher; and Tim Kabara - clinic director and social programming designer at Maplegrove Treatment Center
Where: St. Francis Children's Center, 6700 N. Port Washington Road, Milwaukee
When: Wednesday, May 11 from 6:20 pm until 8:30 pm
RSVP: To Terri Hart-Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 9. Your RSVP is encouraged to ensure that we have adequate seating and copies. If you forget to RSVP, don't let that stop you from attending!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- After School Storytimes at the North Shore Library
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - McGovern Senior Center
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Winter/Spring Registration Info
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local historian presents Milwaukee's surprising political history at Newcastle Place
- Glendale's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-Foot Live Basalm Tree
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa