(Fox Point) – Nicolet High School has selected Jacob Frazer as a 2011 representative to the 70th session of Badger Boys State.
Badger Boys State is a youth leadership program sponsored by the Wisconsin American Legion designed to educate youth in the duties, privileges, rights, and responsibilities of American citizenship. The program has been developed on the fundamental principle that young people learn best by actively participating in the process. As much as possible, the mechanics of government in Badger Boys State are modeled after Wisconsin’s own government at the city, county and state level.
Jacob Frazer of Fox Point, son of Douglas Frazer and Karen Schapiro, is a junior at Nicolet High School and actively involved in varsity soccer, varsity hockey, National Honor Society, and the school newspaper, serving as its editor.
“To be given the opportunity to represent my school at this program is a great honor and I’m looking forward to having a great experience,” said Jacob Frazer.
Badger Boy State representatives are selected by local high schools throughout Wisconsin based on their qualifications as good students, exhibiting strong leadership skills and in the top third of their class. Previous Badger Boys State graduates are prominent today as leaders in public office, business and the armed forces.
The week-long Badger Boys State program begins June 11, 2011 in Ripon, WI. The annual program brings together approximately 850 high school students from across Wisconsin to create a 51st state known as Badger Boys State.
Badger Boys State participants develop their own party platforms, pass local ordinances and utilize a state patrol and judicial system to enforce the laws and constitution of the 51st state. Additionally, citizens choose from a series of schools of instruction - ranging from law school and peace officer school, to schools on lobbying and campaign strategies. Badger Boys State participants also have an opportunity to participate in a variety of team sports that compete throughout the week, a band and choir, Color Guard, and write for the Badger Bugle Citizen, the official newspaper of Badger Boys State.
For more information on the program and follow the session go to badgerboysstate.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest