The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Peck School of the Arts and the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music have joined forces to present a benefit concert for The American Red Cross Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami Relief Effort entitled Milwaukee Artists Unite for Japan.
Musicians and artists from UWM and other leading Milwaukee arts organizations will come together on Saturday, June 25th at 7:30 p.m. to deliver a spectacular performance, with proceeds benefitting the The American Red Cross. Financial gifts to Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami relief efforts will help the Red Cross provide shelter, food counseling and other assistance to those affected by this disaster.
Performers confirmed include:
• Frank Almond, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Concertmaster, presenting a violin solo with Stefanie Jacob, piano
• Jillian Bruss, Florentine Opera & Milwaukee Opera Theater, in collaboration with faculty from the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
• Fine Arts Quartet, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Philomusica Quartet
• Prometheus Trio
• Caen Thomason-Redus, flute and Elena Abend, piano, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Vocal Tapestry, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Joseph Azbel and Ian Mueller, UWM Pre-College Program students of Elina Chekan, Associate Lecturer, Classical Guitar, Pre-College and Suzuki Guitar at the UWM Peck School of the Arts, will be providing entertainment in the lobby during intermission.
Where: Helene Zelazo Center for the Performing Arts
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
2419 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee
When: Saturday, June 25, 2011
Cost: $25.00 – adults
$15.00 – students with ID & children under the age of 18
Tickets: Purchase advance tickets through the Peck School box office
Or, in-person at the Zelazo Center M-F 12 noon – 4:00 p.m.
Hundreds of origami cranes will decorate the lobby of Bader Hall, created this spring by Stormonth Elementary School students in Fox Point to raise funds for the American Red Cross Earthquake/Tsunami relief efforts.
Other sponsors/supporters include: Clear Verve Marketing, Wisconsin Public Radio - WHAD, Minuteman Press – Wauwatosa, Einstein Bros Bagels – Shorewood, Shully’s Cuisine & Events, and Spectrum Resources.
Complete and current information about the performance can be found at www.mkeartistsforjapan.org.
The American Red Cross name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, individual or political position. For more information about the American Red Cross, please call 1 800 HELP NOW or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner