The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Peck School of the Arts and the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music have joined forces to present a benefit concert for The American Red Cross Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami Relief Effort entitled Milwaukee Artists Unite for Japan.
Musicians and artists from UWM and other leading Milwaukee arts organizations will come together on Saturday, June 25th at 7:30 p.m. to deliver a spectacular performance, with proceeds benefitting the The American Red Cross. Financial gifts to Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami relief efforts will help the Red Cross provide shelter, food counseling and other assistance to those affected by this disaster.
Performers confirmed include:
• Frank Almond, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Concertmaster, presenting a violin solo with Stefanie Jacob, piano
• Jillian Bruss, Florentine Opera & Milwaukee Opera Theater, in collaboration with faculty from the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
• Fine Arts Quartet, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Philomusica Quartet
• Prometheus Trio
• Caen Thomason-Redus, flute and Elena Abend, piano, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Vocal Tapestry, UWM, Peck School of the Arts
• Joseph Azbel and Ian Mueller, UWM Pre-College Program students of Elina Chekan, Associate Lecturer, Classical Guitar, Pre-College and Suzuki Guitar at the UWM Peck School of the Arts, will be providing entertainment in the lobby during intermission.
Where: Helene Zelazo Center for the Performing Arts
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
2419 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee
When: Saturday, June 25, 2011
Cost: $25.00 – adults
$15.00 – students with ID & children under the age of 18
Tickets: Purchase advance tickets through the Peck School box office
Or, in-person at the Zelazo Center M-F 12 noon – 4:00 p.m.
Hundreds of origami cranes will decorate the lobby of Bader Hall, created this spring by Stormonth Elementary School students in Fox Point to raise funds for the American Red Cross Earthquake/Tsunami relief efforts.
Other sponsors/supporters include: Clear Verve Marketing, Wisconsin Public Radio - WHAD, Minuteman Press – Wauwatosa, Einstein Bros Bagels – Shorewood, Shully’s Cuisine & Events, and Spectrum Resources.
Complete and current information about the performance can be found at www.mkeartistsforjapan.org.
The American Red Cross name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, individual or political position. For more information about the American Red Cross, please call 1 800 HELP NOW or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check