Cardinal Stritch University will feature a concert by acclaimed singer-songwriter Peter Mayer on Friday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. in the Nancy Kendall Theater on the Stritch campus, 6801 N. Yates Road, Milwaukee.
Tickets are $15, $10 for students, and can be reserved by calling (414) 410-4171.
The spiritual themes in Mayer’s inspiring, uplifting and insightful music align with Stritch’s Franciscan values, particularly the University’s 2011-12 value of the year, reverencing creation. His songs have been part of numerous retreats and prayer services organized by Stritch’s campus ministry staff.
From the artist’s website: Mayer began playing the guitar and writing songs in high school. He studied theology and music in college, and spent two years in seminary. After deciding that the priesthood wasn't for him, he took a part-time job as a church music director for eight years, while performing at clubs and colleges, and writing and recording his music. In 1995, he quit his job and started touring full-time. Since then, he has gradually gained a dedicated, word-of-mouth following, playing shows across the country. He has nine CDs to his credit, and has sold over 70,000 of them independently.
Acoustic Guitar magazine said “Mayer’s world is bright and hopeful and the transcendent nature of his lyrics…explore the mysteries of life… Mayer’s fluid, clean and tremendously intriguing guitar playing is topped with warm, rich vocals… (his) songs are crafted like Shaker furniture, with no place for superfluous embellishments or throwaway lines… This is music for the soul.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Centers for Wellness & Natural Medicine Welcomes Dr. Erica Ackerman!
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Houzz Presents Design Tech Remodeling With Award