Cardinal Stritch University will feature a concert by acclaimed singer-songwriter Peter Mayer on Friday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. in the Nancy Kendall Theater on the Stritch campus, 6801 N. Yates Road, Milwaukee.
Tickets are $15, $10 for students, and can be reserved by calling (414) 410-4171.
The spiritual themes in Mayer’s inspiring, uplifting and insightful music align with Stritch’s Franciscan values, particularly the University’s 2011-12 value of the year, reverencing creation. His songs have been part of numerous retreats and prayer services organized by Stritch’s campus ministry staff.
From the artist’s website: Mayer began playing the guitar and writing songs in high school. He studied theology and music in college, and spent two years in seminary. After deciding that the priesthood wasn't for him, he took a part-time job as a church music director for eight years, while performing at clubs and colleges, and writing and recording his music. In 1995, he quit his job and started touring full-time. Since then, he has gradually gained a dedicated, word-of-mouth following, playing shows across the country. He has nine CDs to his credit, and has sold over 70,000 of them independently.
Acoustic Guitar magazine said “Mayer’s world is bright and hopeful and the transcendent nature of his lyrics…explore the mysteries of life… Mayer’s fluid, clean and tremendously intriguing guitar playing is topped with warm, rich vocals… (his) songs are crafted like Shaker furniture, with no place for superfluous embellishments or throwaway lines… This is music for the soul.”
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing