Buzz Althoen will discuss Chile at the general meeting of the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on January 11 at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Refreshments will follow the presentation. Non-members are always welcome.
Chile has recently suffered from an earthquake and a famous mine disaster in which many miners were saved after several weeks underground. Chile is rapidly moving out of third world status and has become a major source of U.S. imports. Come and learn about its geography, history, and political importance today. Free. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief