Buzz Althoen will discuss Chile at the general meeting of the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on January 11 at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Refreshments will follow the presentation. Non-members are always welcome.
Chile has recently suffered from an earthquake and a famous mine disaster in which many miners were saved after several weeks underground. Chile is rapidly moving out of third world status and has become a major source of U.S. imports. Come and learn about its geography, history, and political importance today. Free. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check