From the creator of “Wicked” and
“Godspell, ” we give you the first of
Stephen Schwartz’s hits, “Pippin.”
Pippin, played by Andrew Minkin, is
Charlemagne’s son who returns for
College, seeking his “Corner of the Sky.”
Luckily (or unluckily for Pippin) he meets
the Leading Player, Meri Bobber, and
her band of Players who help him along
his path to be “Extraordinary.” They
have a little “Magic To Do” along the
way, showing Pippin the art of war,
love, and passion.
Originally directed and
choreographed on Broadway by the
renowned Bob Fosse, this show has a
very dark and humorous plot with the
actors making fun of normal musical plot
devices. The HHS Fine Arts Department
has decided to think “outside the box”
throughout this entire musical, with a
beautiful set, dances done on
bicycles, huge parachutes and
“Pippin” is a spectacle play, as
well as a timely story for high school
students. The main character is just an ordinary emerging young adult, stuck
not knowing what to do with his life. He
has a degree, but no job or direction.
Pippin wants to live up to his father’s
expectations, but in the time he lives in,
this is impossible. Pippin’s dilemma is
very timely for us. Think of all the young
graduates who are stuck in limbo
because of our economy, searching for a
reason to be.
Come enjoy an evening with the
HHS Fine Arts Department! Our pit
orchestra will tickle your ears as our
actors please your eyes. The show is directed and
choreographed by Amelia Figg-Franzoi
and musically directed and conducted
by Rebecca Winnie.
"Pippin" will be performed Feb. 23, 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at 5000 W. Mequon Road, Mequon. A matinee is set for Sunday, Feb. 26 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults; $8 for students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Lil Rev Performs Saturday in Fox Point
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins