Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Announces Promotion of Michele Dorszynski to Aquatic and Fitness Specialist
Milwaukee, July 11, 2012— Milwaukee senior living community Eastcastle Place today announced the promotion of Michele Dorszynski to Aquatic and Fitness Specialist. In this new position Dorszynski will lead group fitness programs on land and water, conduct personal training sessions with individual residents and maintain the pool and equipment, while ensuring the safety and wellness of all residents.
“Michele has been an excellent addition to the Eastcastle staff,” said Matt Furno, President and CEO of Eastcastle Place. “We are confident that she will contribute many innovative ideas and practices to the Aquatic and Fitness department.”
Dorszynski, 23, joined Eastcastle Place in 2011 as a Recreation Specialist. Previously, she worked as the lead teacher at the Indian Community School and led an outdoor ropes and rock wall course at a facility in Oshkosh, Wis. She also studied outdoor adventure in Hawaii where she was able to hike, kayak and surf daily, which cultivated a well-rounded understanding of different outdoor activities. Dorszynski graduated from University of Wisconsin Oshkosh with a degree in physical education and a minor in health education with an emphasis in outdoor adventure.
Dorszynski currently belongs to the Health Physical Education Recreation (HPER) group at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh as well as the American Physical Education Recreation and Dance (APHERD) association and the Big Brother/Big Sister program. Other certifications include personal training from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and Outdoor Adventure.
About Eastcastle Place
Founded as Milwaukee Protestant Home in 1884 by a group of public-spirited women, Eastcastle Place has earned an exemplary reputation by providing compassionate care to seniors throughout the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Along with Newcastle Place, its sister community in Mequon, Wis., Eastcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community that offers elegant and upscale independent living apartments and vast amenities. This vibrant senior community also offers assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. For more information, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief