Attend “A Small Business User Guide to the Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA)” on Sunday, August 26 at the North Shore Presbyterian Church, to discover how you can benefit from the ACA, while attracting quality employees. Small business owners need accurate information about how the Affordable Healthcare Act will affect them, and how they can save money when providing health benefits to their employees. Over the past decade, average annual family premiums for workers at small firms increased by 123%, from $5,700 in 1999 to $12,700 in 2009, while the percentage of small firms offering coverage fell from 65 to 59% because costs were just too high.
“A Small Business User Guide to the ACA” will include speakers and specifics relevant to small business owners. The moderator will be Professor Susan Giaimo of Marquette University. Speakers include: Bob De Vita, CEO of Common Ground; Robert Kraig of Citizen Action of WI; Dan Stemper, small business owner; and Michael Grenber of Assurant Health. A Question/Answer Panel will conclude the presentations. Doors open at 6:00 and the program begins at 6:30 at the North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Ave., Shorewood (Enter the northeast door facing Oakland Ave.). Refreshments will be served. Small businesses of all types should gain useful knowledge from these presentations.
For additional information on the event, please contact Grassroots Northshore Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson