For Immediate Release
August 30, 2012: Nicolet High School is proud to announce that eight candidates have been selected to the Class of 2012 Nicolet High School Athletic Hall of Fame. The candidates include five athletes: Mike Gaborski (Class of ’67-baseball/basketball/football), Bryan Jones (Class of ’90-track), BJ Tucker (class of ‘99 -track/football) Dan Grunfeld (class of ’02 basketball), Fred Fischer (class of ’67 football/basketball/baseball), two coaches: Tom Puls (basketball), Chuck Walters (swim), and one distinguished service: Jim Liska (Coach/Athletic Director).
The Nicolet Athletic Hall of Fame honors former student athletes, coaches and other individuals who have contributed outstanding accomplishments towards Nicolet High School athletics. The candidates who make up the class of 2012 will be honored at halftime of the Nicolet football game when it hosts Grafton on Friday, September 21st. There will a breakfast in the Knights Hall at Nicolet High School beginning at 9am on Saturday, September 22nd followed by the induction ceremony and unveiling of the plaques in the “Wall of Fame”. Tickets will be available to the public beginning September 5th. Call 414-351-8145.
A Hall of Fame Committee comprised of Nicolet Athletic Staff, past and present, chose the 8 individuals from a pool of more than 30 nominees. All future inductees will be chosen following a formal nomination process available to the community and on the Nicolet Website.
Nicolet High School Congratulates all the inductees and their families!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson