Homecoming week at Concordia University begins on Mon., Oct. 1 and culminates with a group of faculty, staff, and students taking part in the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on Sun., Oct. 7.
The weeklong celebration will kick-off with a “laser tag” event for students in the Terrace Room of the new Student Center on Mon. from 5 to 11 p.m. On Tues., service projects for students to get involved in will take place at various off campus locations. A homecoming parade will wind through the streets of Thiensville on Wed. beginning at 6 p.m. A virtual house party will take place in the Terrace Room on Thur. for students beginning at 9 p.m. On Fri., Alumni Relations sponsors its Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and banquet at 6 p.m., while students can take part in a movie night at 7 p.m. in the Terrace Room.
Sat. events include: an alumni vs. alumni soccer game at 9:30 a.m.; tours of the new Student Center from noon to 1 p.m.; CUW’s Football Team taking on Maranatha Bible College at 1:30 p.m.; a live performance by Mandown at 3:30 p.m.; an evening celebration with current coaches and alumni athletes begins at 6 p.m. at the Highland House in Mequon; and the Homecoming Dance takes place from 8 p.m. to Midnight at the Milwaukee Public Museum for students.
“This is going to be quite a celebration,” said Dr. Andrew Luptak, vice president of Student Life at CUW. “Not only are we dedicating the new Student Center here on our campus; we are showcasing our students, alumni, and traditions that make this University a one-of-a-kind institution.”
The annual Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon takes places on Sun., Oct. 7. This year’s race will include a friendly competition between a group of runners from CUW and UW-Milwaukee, known as the “Claws vs. Paws.” Dozens of runners from both Universities are taking part with bragging rights going to the University with the overall best average time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Ways for Homeowners to Keep Their Kitchen Remodel on Budget