Homecoming week at Concordia University begins on Mon., Oct. 1 and culminates with a group of faculty, staff, and students taking part in the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on Sun., Oct. 7.
The weeklong celebration will kick-off with a “laser tag” event for students in the Terrace Room of the new Student Center on Mon. from 5 to 11 p.m. On Tues., service projects for students to get involved in will take place at various off campus locations. A homecoming parade will wind through the streets of Thiensville on Wed. beginning at 6 p.m. A virtual house party will take place in the Terrace Room on Thur. for students beginning at 9 p.m. On Fri., Alumni Relations sponsors its Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and banquet at 6 p.m., while students can take part in a movie night at 7 p.m. in the Terrace Room.
Sat. events include: an alumni vs. alumni soccer game at 9:30 a.m.; tours of the new Student Center from noon to 1 p.m.; CUW’s Football Team taking on Maranatha Bible College at 1:30 p.m.; a live performance by Mandown at 3:30 p.m.; an evening celebration with current coaches and alumni athletes begins at 6 p.m. at the Highland House in Mequon; and the Homecoming Dance takes place from 8 p.m. to Midnight at the Milwaukee Public Museum for students.
“This is going to be quite a celebration,” said Dr. Andrew Luptak, vice president of Student Life at CUW. “Not only are we dedicating the new Student Center here on our campus; we are showcasing our students, alumni, and traditions that make this University a one-of-a-kind institution.”
The annual Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon takes places on Sun., Oct. 7. This year’s race will include a friendly competition between a group of runners from CUW and UW-Milwaukee, known as the “Claws vs. Paws.” Dozens of runners from both Universities are taking part with bragging rights going to the University with the overall best average time.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?