The Wisconsin office of Opus Development Corporation (Opus) announced today the completion of a 112,000-square-foot expansion of the Weyco Group, Inc.’s (Weyco) Glendale, Wis. headquarters. The new building connects Weyco’s main facilities to an 80,150-square-foot warehouse adjacent to the property. Completion of this latest expansion boosts Weyco’s headquarters to more than 1 million square feet, including office, warehouse and distribution service space.
“We have been proud to assist Weyco as they continue to expand,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager for Opus Development Corporation. “We greatly value the relationship we’ve formed with Weyco over the years and look forward to continuing to work to meet Weyco’s needs as they continue to excel in their industry.”
Opus Development Corporation is one of the region’s leading full-service real estate development and design-build firms. In addition to its work with Weyco, recent notable projects completed by the Wisconsin office include Shoppes at Fox River in Waukesha, Wis., The Honey Creek Corporate Center, multiple buildings at Marquette University, including the new law school and Engineering Hall, Northwestern Mutual’s Franklin Campus and Oakwood Crossing Business Center in Oak Creek.
About Opus and Weyco
Opus has worked with Weyco since the development of the company’s Glendale, Wis. headquarters in 1998. Since that time, Opus has been at work to meet Weyco’s growing needs:
• In 1998, Opus completed a 350,000-square-foot office and distribution center for Weyco on the former site of the Crown Cork & Seal building in Glendale's Estabrook Corporate Center.
• In 2001, as the company grew and acquired new businesses, it bought a 160,000-square-foot building that Opus had developed near the main headquarters.
• In 2003, Opus designed and built a 276,000-square-foot expansion that connected the two original buildings.
• In 2011, Opus added a 52,000-square-foot mezzanine to provide additional storage for new products that came along with Weyco’s acquisition of the Combs Company.
• Later in 2011, Weyco purchased an 80,150-square-foot warehouse building developed by Opus in the 1990s. The building, which is adjacent to the main headquarters, was vacant when purchased.
• This month, Opus finished the 112,000 square-foot expansion project to connect this newly acquired warehouse to the main building.
About The Opus Group
The Opus Group® is a family of national commercial real estate companies headquartered in Minneapolis, with expertise in development, project management and construction, architecture and engineering, finance, sales and leasing. The Opus Group includes Opus Holding, L.L.C. and Opus Holding, Inc. and their operating subsidiaries, Opus Development Corporation, Opus Design Build, L.L.C. and Opus AE Group, Inc. Specializing in office, industrial, retail, residential living, institutional and government projects, The Opus Group has broad capabilities, deep experience and a proven design-build model that delivers solutions for customers on time and on budget. For more information, visit www.opus-group.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local historian presents Milwaukee's surprising political history at Newcastle Place
- Glendale's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-Foot Live Basalm Tree
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Stritch Community Orchestra to perform debut concert on Nov. 20
- Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal Michelle Mueller Offers: Seven Tips for Applying to College
- Alverno College Course Will Visit Places of the Holocaust
- Stritch Theater to perform "Kindertransport"