Concordia University Celebrates the Opening of its Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
The grand opening of Concordia University's new Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) will take place on Wed., Nov. 7 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the new Teaching and Learning Lab (R006) on CUW’s Mequon campus.
The purpose of CELT is to develop faculty for excellence in teaching in the face-to-face and blended learning environments, including the meaningful connection between faith and learning, and to support Concordia’s mission of Christ-centered, Lutheran higher education.
“Teaching is at the heart of our work with students here at Concordia,” says Dr. Elizabeth Evans, director of CELT.
The new Teaching and Learning Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art classroom technology, including a control console and SMART board. Faculty will be able to use the Lab to practice technology prior to working with students, according to Evans.
Part of the grand opening celebration on Nov. 7 will include remarks by CUW President Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry. Please RSVP for the grand opening to email@example.com. For more information about the Center, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Departments/celt/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville