Concordia University Celebrates the Opening of its Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
The grand opening of Concordia University's new Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) will take place on Wed., Nov. 7 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the new Teaching and Learning Lab (R006) on CUW’s Mequon campus.
The purpose of CELT is to develop faculty for excellence in teaching in the face-to-face and blended learning environments, including the meaningful connection between faith and learning, and to support Concordia’s mission of Christ-centered, Lutheran higher education.
“Teaching is at the heart of our work with students here at Concordia,” says Dr. Elizabeth Evans, director of CELT.
The new Teaching and Learning Lab is equipped with state-of-the-art classroom technology, including a control console and SMART board. Faculty will be able to use the Lab to practice technology prior to working with students, according to Evans.
Part of the grand opening celebration on Nov. 7 will include remarks by CUW President Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry. Please RSVP for the grand opening to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Center, visit https://www.cuw.edu/Departments/celt/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- UW - Oshkosh delivers electrifying speech on common core
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19